Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys, When i first built my hack i loaded on 10.7 with unibeast and worked first time and has been rock solid (been using for protools recording software) literally incredible.

I then decided to upgrade to 10.7.3, had kernel panic.. because i didn't really know what i was doing i decided to to do a clean install on lion 10.7 just because i knew it worked but I'm now in a situation where the install fails almost every time. I've tried all different combinations of unibeast 1.0 & 1.1 and used lion 10.7 & 10.7.3 and the same thing happens so not sure if this is a software problem?? i think my bios is right. Sometimes the install will go to the proper install failed which i know isn't an issue but when i boot into it the system is all shaky and finder randomly quits and i can't repair disk permissions (no installer packages on this disk)

my system is as follows.

Corsair CMPSU-650HX Professional Series 650W Power Supply
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 - 1155 Socket - Z68 Chipset
1 Intel Sandybridge i7-2600K
8gb corsair ram
Optiarc AD-7260S-0B 24x Int DVDRWRAM
EVGA GeForce 210

when the installer fails i saved the log, i wondering if this has anything to do with os install or bsd package? help would be much appreciated

Attachments

• Installer Log 23-Apr-2012.txt
    46.3 KB · Views: 180
Re: Lion 10.7 Installation Keeps Failing

oh and I've made sure the download isn't corrupt. Any Ideas? thank you

Re: Lion 10.7 Installation Keeps Failing

heres the errors that pop up during install

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    770.8 KB · Views: 224
redo installer stick from the scratch using unibeast 1.2 and lion.app 10.7.3 (should be in app folder when ull run unibeast installer)

Ive just done that, new usb stick too, and exactly the same issue that no system packages could be found..

thanks for you suggestions by the way.

i put together that usb, and when i boot into it i get stuck at the grey apple logo before the installer.

what i dont understand is why the normal unibeast worked the very first time i bought all the components, but not at all now even with different usb sticks and os. very strange.

thank you

ok so I've tried.

unibeast 1.0 - Lion 10.7
unibeast 1.1 - Lion 10.7
unibeast 1.2 - Lion 10.7.3

this afternoon i tried iboot + snow leopard.

They have all had the same problems that when i install the installer log says no system packages can be found, i assure i have prepared the installers correctly as I've tried so many different ways. I've gone through the bios to make sure thats correct.

whats weird is sometimes the install works and i can boot into the os but i can not use disk repair permissions as it says no packages installed on this disk, in general the system feels shaky. Just for people who don't know, i had this system working perfectly rock solid its a recommended tonymac build. i then messed up a lion 10.7.3 update and decided to do a clean install and now here i am. so badly wished i ccc

any advise would be greatly appreciated

Corsair CMPSU-650HX Professional Series 650W Power Supply
GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 - 1155 Socket - Z68 Chipset
1 Intel Sandybridge i7-2600K
8gb corsair ram
Optiarc AD-7260S-0B 24x Int DVDRWRAM
EVGA GeForce 210

Has anyone experienced anything like this? i have literally tried everything.. tried so many different combinations of software and definitely checked the bios a million times. Is it possible the hardware is broken or something?

when i first built it all work perfectly first time.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back