Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P5KPL-AM SE
CPU
Q9400
Graphics
GT 740
Hi,

Trying to install SL10.6 my system is crashed in the post-installation procedure.
All I do is :
1. Boot with either with iBoot 3.2 or 2.7 version
2. Select -x -v and SL10.6 installation DVD
3. Wait for a secs and then is crashed with divide by zero type error.

My m/b BIOS ASUS KPL-AM SE does not have any option for AHCI. What should I do from this point ? Anyway, can I install SL10.6 in a seperate old P-ATA 40GB Drive or it must be a S-ATA drive ? I have no experience with any MAC OS tools.

My PC:
ASUS KPL-AM SE latest firmware 701
Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400
NVidia 9800GTX+
4GB RAM

What options do yo have other than IDE in the BIOS for the hard drive port? Is the port SATA or PATA?

Hi,

BIOS has two modes in Storage Configuration : A) Compatible and 2)Enhanced. Both of them has options to use P-ATA only, S-ATA only and a combination of P-ATA+S-ATA. That's all. I have already tried to isolate P-ATA and S-ATA Drives and boot once with my S-ATA and once with my old P-ATA. Had no luck.

In verbose mode I have no time to read the sequence since the crash is happen rapidly and I have no idea what installation procedure tried to load at the moment of the crash.

I have attached images from my BIOS options.

Attachments

• manual.zip
    322 KB · Views: 44
Try setting it to Enhanced mode and SATA only.

Hi,

Try setting it to Enhanced mode and SATA only.
Yes it worked this way. That was the problem !!!! Thank you :)

But now I have good news. I restored my BIOS to the Default settings and I used Empire EFI 1085 with the following options

GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 -x

and now I am in the installation procedure using my old Parallel ATA 40GB Hard Disk . I did not written the changes in the BIOS settings but as soon as I finish the installation, I will let you know.

Regards,

Ok finally it worked. The only problem now, is that I can not create the startup disk. It reports "The bless tool wan unable to set the current boot disk".

The Partition Map Scheme is GUID and I tried to use repair disk utility as well as disk permission. They found no errors but still i can not create the startup disk. I can only load the OS using the EFI boot CD and then selecting the Snow Leopard Disk under this menu.

Any recommendations ?

Ok I installed MultiBeast and now when I see the apple Logo, it reports "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again."

I can only boot using the Iboot Disk and selecting Snow Leopard. Is there any solution ? How can I uninstall Mutlibeast ?

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back