Contribute
Register

CHIMERA CAUSES "PCI CONFIG BEGIN " PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA X58 A UD7 REV 2.0
CPU
CORE I7 NEHALEM 930
Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Guys ,guys ,

I was sweating the whole day trying 10.6.6 ,10.6.7,10.6,8 etc... with I BOOT 3.1.1 and Multibeast 3.8.0 with a previously successfully tested xfx 8400 GS , on a GA H55 S2V MOBO and a Core i3 530 processor with the F3 DSDT . No luck !!!! No progress after the Apple logo .... Then I tried installing with the 3.01 I BOOT and the 3.1 Multibeast with last Chameleon rC599 as bootloader (if I remember correctly) and VOILA !!!!! SUCCESS !!!!
Someone please try this at home and provide your valuable feedback !!!! Is CHIMERA causing the PCI CONFIG BEGIN issue at boot ???

Actually yes. I have that same board and the MSI version of that 8400 GS. Multibeast 3.8 definitely causes that error. Update to 10.6.8, install multibeast 3.8 with user dsdt and then replace those acpi and iopci Kexts from 10.6.7 and you'll be golden

You have to install IOPCIFamily Fix in Multibeast (located under Drivers->Kexts->Miscellaneous) to fix the PCI Config freeze. Also, if you have a Sandy Bridge Intel processor (the newest generation), then you'll have to use Update Helper to upgrade to 10.6.8. http://tonymacx86.com/downloads

Ok I´ve do this (IOPCIFamily) and now I have a Kernel Panic, if I put -x then exactly the same: PCI CONFIG BEGIN.

I continue trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back