Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
RX 560
I'm a DSDT novice... I'm trying to get a Broadcom based wireless card to work with my 10.6.6 Sandy Bridge Hackintosh by adding a device into the DSDT file which says that it's an Apple card. My DSDT code looks like this:

Code:
Device (ARPT)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, 0x00)
                    Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) {0x0B, 0x05}) // If you want WOL(Wake on LAN support) if not use desired sleep state
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        Store (Package ()
                            {
                                "AAPL,slot-name", Buffer () {"AirPort"}, 
                                "device-id", Buffer () {0x8C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00}, 
                                "device_type", Buffer () {"AirPort"}, 
                                "model", Buffer () {"Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 8802.11 b/g Wireless Network Adapter"}, 
                                "subsystem-id", Buffer () {0x8C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00}, 
                                "subsystem-vendor-id", Buffer () {0x6B, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00}
                            }, Local0)
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }

By using IORegistryExplorer, I can see the PCI card on PEX3, and I tried adding the code above into the DSDT under the Device(PEX3), but that seems to make the device tree a little odd. IORegistryExplorer shows PEX3->IOPCI2PCIBridge->ARPT->IOPCI2PCIBridge-> ethernet and pci14e4,4320 I've tried moving the Device(ARPT) code around in the DSDT file, but I am missing something about how to structure the code there, obviously.

The pci14e4,4320 card shows up in About This Mac under the PCI Cards, but the Slot is listed as AirPort@6,0,0...

Any DSDT gurus who can help? I know the card is listed in the Info.plist for the kext, but somehow the 10.6.6 code is blocking the use of the card. I've been to most of the fora and nobody seems to have a solution for third party wireless Broadcom based cards...

clumber

supposedly the bcm43xx driver is one that is broken after 10.6.5+
try adding "max_valid_dma_addr=1024" to kernel flags. worked for me...

zerojj said:
supposedly the bcm43xx driver is one that is broken after 10.6.5+
try adding "max_valid_dma_addr=1024" to kernel flags. worked for me...

this worked for me... but now I get a kernel panic when time machine is 'indexing backup'.

I'm running 10.6.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back