Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey, I'm a n00b building my first hackentosh. I searched and didn't see this config.

I'm wondering if this will work:

mobo: GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

cpu: Intel Core i3-550 Clarkdale 3.2GHz 4MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80616I3550

grafix: Palit NE5T2400FHD51 GeForce GT 240 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

I like the mobo for the 4 RAM, USB3, eSATA & other ports. The CPU seems overclockable and fits my budget.

What do you think?

mgoudz said:
Hey, I'm a n00b building my first hackentosh. I searched and didn't see this config.

I'm wondering if this will work:

mobo: GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

cpu: Intel Core i3-550 Clarkdale 3.2GHz 4MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80616I3550

grafix: Palit NE5T2400FHD51 GeForce GT 240 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

I like the mobo for the 4 RAM, USB3, eSATA & other ports. The CPU seems overclockable and fits my budget.

What do you think?

Looks great!

A couple things - this board only has USB2, not sure why you think it's USB3. Also not sure what you're referencing by "4 RAM". I have 8 GB of DDR3 1600 in mine.

Burninator said:
Looks great!

A couple things - this board only has USB2, not sure why you think it's USB3. Also not sure what you're referencing by "4 RAM". I have 8 GB of DDR3 1600 in mine.

Thanks for the quick reply Burninator.

I meant it has 4 memory slots. I'm planning to run 2 x 4 GB DDR3 1600 to start - 2 slots for more down the road if needed.

Right, only USB2. GIGABYTE GA-H55-USB3 LGA 1156 has USB3 for about $15 more. Is this worth it?

mgoudz said:
Burninator said:
Looks great!

Thanks for the quick reply Burninator.

I meant it has 4 memory slots. I'm planning to run 2 x 4 GB DDR3 1600 to start - 2 slots for more down the road if needed.

Right, only USB2. GIGABYTE GA-H55-USB3 LGA 1156 has USB3 for about $15 more. Is this worth it?

Is it worth it? No idea. Apple has to support USB3 before we can use it, anyways.

mgoudz said:
That's good to know. I think I'll go with the GA-H55M-UD2H.

Thanks again.

USB3 is supported in MultiBeast ! Have you ordered yet?

mgoudz said:
notshy said:
USB3 is supported in MultiBeast ! Have you ordered yet?

Thanks Notshy. No, I haven't ordered yet. Would you suggest the GA-H55-USB3 mobo?

I've just been on the Gigabyte website and got very lost in the H55 chipset boards.

They things are:
Intel chipset SATA ports - get as many as you can but probably 6 at a minimum
Realtek ethernet - so that it can be supported by Lnx2Mac's kexts
Realtek 8XX audtio - so it can be supported by MacMan's kexts

I get a bit lost between the difference of them all. USB3 is now supported so seems like it might be a sensible thing to get if you want to get a USB 3 external hard drive or maybe peripherals will soon be USB 3.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=4802
Tony went for the H55N-USB3 - not sure what the N means !

notshy said:
I've just been on the Gigabyte website and got very lost in the H55 chipset boards.

They things are:

I get a bit lost between the difference of them all. USB3 is now supported so seems like it might be a sensible thing to get if you want to get a USB 3 external hard drive or maybe peripherals will soon be USB 3.

The GA-H55-USB3 LGA seems to fit the SATA, ethernet, & audio requirements you mention. Considering this and that it has four memory slots I'm leaning in toward the H55-USB3.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128437&Tpk=GA-H55-USB3

mgoudz said:
notshy said:

They things are:

The GA-H55-USB3 LGA seems to fit the SATA, ethernet, & audio requirements you mention. Considering this and that it has four memory slots I'm leaning in toward the H55-USB3.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128437&Tpk=GA-H55-USB3

Looks good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back