Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

I have just built my first Hackintosh and after installing the drivers for my Virus TI 2 Synth I got a Kernel panic, I ran multibeast again but when ever the Virus is switched on I get the Kernel panic and have to shut it down.

Does anyone know a fix for this please?

Thanks

Can't tell you how to fix it, but I have mine set up OK, so I know it can work if things are configured correctly... I know when i installed I updated to the whatever the most recent virus plugin from the access site and have been ok. The one thing I can say is that I know I was having a communication error when I first hooked mine up. Like a bandwidth error through the USB cable. I fixed that by changing the USB port and have been up and running since... I had the same sort of issue on my regular mac tower in the past, so I don't think that had anything to do with it being on a hack...

Not sure I can help much more, but maybe list out your build / specs on which port you're plugging into your USB on your mobo or on a expansion card?... Maybe try a different port or through a card might help... Also I'm on 10.6.8, so maybe it's a lion thing if you're on lion?

good luck~

Thanks for replying, my spec is ga-z68xp-ud3 MoBo with i5 2500k CPU, 4gb ram and evga geforce 8400gs gpu.

I first had it plugged into one of the 3x power USB 2.0 slots on the back but when I was installing the latest release of the plug in, it wouldn't recognise the virus as being connected, so I tried it in the USB 3.0 slot and then it worked, but on restart I got the k panic, so I retried with the virus switched off which booted up fine but as soon as I switched the virus on I got the k panic.

I tried multi beast again but still no joy.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back