Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I am new here and also to hackintosh. I have successful installed SL 10.6.8 on my old Gigabyte P35 board, but I had problem installing using the DSDT file from the database, because my bios version is slightly different version from those F13 available in the database.

I am now building a new system with the specification in my signature, I read about using a utility to extract dsdt files or edit it. How should I extract my DSDT file and where can I get the utilities need to do it. If I DSDT file from the database is slightly different from the bios on my board would it cause any problems? Anything I should I take note of if I want to maximise the capability of my system. Thanks for any information or suggestion.

One more question, could I use Boot camp or just install windows 7 on a separated HD?

Will post when I finish installing my system.

Gordo74 said:
You cannot use Boot Camp. That is for normal Macs only. You can use the DSDT Auto Patcher if your DSDT is not in the DB

Thanks Gordo, I found quite a lot of versions of DSDTSE, any particular version that I should get? What other files should I get together with DSDTSE to help patch the aml file?

My first try at OOB install using iBoot blacked out while trying to load SL install DVD, and iBoot Legacy stopped at the apple logo. Guess Iboot doesn't like the ATI 6770 card, I will swap a Nvidia GTS 8600 to the system first and see if I can install SL.

Any suggestions is most appreciated.

Second try is still a no go, I switch graphic card to Nvidia GTS 8600 which worked with my previous Hackintosh that worked.

iBoot resulted in a Kernel Panic when loading SL install and iBoot Legacy still hang at the apple screen without the timer below.

After trying out the -x -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1, all no luck with either iBoot and iBoot Legacy to start up SL install.

Change back to ATI 6770 and use Andy CD 4.0 and manage to get to installation screen. Waiting to try out Multi-beast and HD Bootup. Hopefully it will go smoother.

Do I still need to use the Bridge Helper if I install 10.6.8 Combo update?

Moving on, I manage to install and reboot and install Combo Update 10.6.7, Multi-Beast 3.7.3 and BridgeHelper. Finally reboot from HD is still a no go, stops at the Apple screen.

Any suggestions for next course of action? Thanks in advance.

Finally got it working, but had to revert to using Nvidia 8600 GTS, have not test it's performance yet.

Installation:
1. Booted up with Andy CD 4.0
2. Install Snow Leopard
3. Rebooted with Andy CD 4.0
4. Installed Mac OS X 10.6.7 Combo (10.6.8 Combo creates kernel panic)
5. Copied DSDT-GA-Z68A-U3-B3-F2.aml
6. Installed MultiBeast 3.7.3 with the following configuration:
- UserDSDT Install
- System Utilities
- Drivers & Bootloaders
- Kexts & Enablers
- Audio
- Realtek ALC8xx
- ALC8xxHDA
- AppleHDA Rollback
- Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
- ACL889
- Disk
- IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
- Graphics
- Enablers
- NVEnabler
- Network
- Lnx2Mac's RealtekTRL81xx Ethernet
- Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6
- Bootloaders
- Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Prerelease
- Customization
- Boot Options
- 32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No
- System Definitions
- Mac Pro
- Mac Pro 3,1
7. Installed BridgeHelper

After 15 attempts, I finally got it to work, gonna to test it later. Network and Graphics are OK.

Please forgive my Noobness, and thanks to Tony and all the wonderful guys who provided the tools.

Will continue to try to get the ATI 6770 card going, when I have the time.

I got iBoot to work by flashing bios to f5. Still a no go with booting up with 6770 and getting kernel panic with 10.6.8 update.

Is there any bios setting I need to change, in addition to the standard ACHI and HPet?

Finally got the 10.6.8 combo update to work by reinstalling the update pack after rebooting twice from a kp during the original update.

Something strange happened, after installing the 10.6.8 update my geekbench score dropped from 11500 to about 5600 for the 32 bit test. Anyone encountered similar problems.

As for the 6770, I am paying for my lack of research, so please read the supported hardware, before jumping to conclusions. I am planning to get the sapphire/xfx 6870. Anything I should look out for? Just asking before I make the change of graphic card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back