i7-930
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi guys,

I just wanted to share something with you all that I've just found - I was having issues with sleep on my machine and tried lots of things to get it fixed and finally found a solution.

Things I tried:
1. Load optimal BIOS settings - just enable HPET 64 bit and SATA = AHCI on Intel Chip HD controller (checked that No Execute Memory Protect was Enabled and Init First Display = PCI). Also unplugged Bluetooth (Trust 2400p) and booted into OSX using Safe Mode (-x at Chameleon)
- Sleep worked - first time it worked in 2 months !!!!

2. Try the above but booting normally (not safe more)
- Sleep worked !

3. Try the above but re-add all overclocking settings to CPU and Memory and voltages
- Sleep worked

4. Reboot with bluetooth in
- Sleep worked

5. Enabled AHCI on other GSATA 6/7 with Win 7 drive attached to GSATA6/7 (Marvel9128 chip) - windows drives are no seen in OSX but sleep is broken

I have it that if I attach my Win 7 drive to the Intel Chip SATA ports then my computer hangs at AHCIP detection on that drive - which is a known issue to do with disk geometry detection - see IVAN'S post at the bottom here:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... c37d020c81

6. Moved Wind 7 drive to GSATA 8/9 port - (controlled by Gigabyte chip) - enabled AHCI here and then disabled GSATA 6/7 port all together
SLEEP WORKS!!!!

So it was that Marvel chip with my Win 7 drive on that was breaking sleep - it's taken me sooooo long to track this down and fix it. I hope this helps some other people !!!

PHEW !!!!!!

No more :banghead: Only :headbang: :clap: :headbang:

Twa said:
Did you try SleepEnabler kext ? it work fine to me !

Sorry - I did get sleep to work and found out that I had just attached my Win 7 drive to a SATA controller that OSX didn't like too much

I'm using one of MacMan's DSDTs so I shouldn't and didn't need any sleep enablers.

I'm pleased that it's fixed now - I just wanted to share my experiences with people so that someone doesn't make the same mistake of putting a Win 7 drive on the Marvel Controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back