Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I just bought a new laptop and i was wondering if i could get mac osx on my laptop booting.

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=Gjsm3Kp4pjz9iJM1

With iBoot it succesfully installed mac osx but i have no video drivers and system is running on 1 core. Somebody that has any idea to get this working? Or should i have to be more patient...

Thx in advance.

ps.
Sorry for bad english.

Moved to correct forum, Laptop Support.

I'm also very interested in osx on this laptop, if anyone could confirm they've got it working (not just running but taking advantage of the hardware) that would be great.

The problems I can think of right now are:
- USB 3.0 - Haven't seen mac's with it, probably no support from apple
- the Sandybridge processor - Same as usb3, but there are rumors apple will include these new processors in the next gen. macbooks.

I really hope Apple comes with new hardware soon so this laptop is also supported.

Today I found a kext for my wifi, so now is wifi working. But SL is still worthless without graphic support, chipset, ....

Did you manage to update to 10.6.6?

Yeah, update to 10.6.6 was without any problem, but before and after install, terrible sound and no graphics support.

Rumors of new Macbooks with the same processor core architecture (sandybridge) are around. If they indeed introduce such Macbooks on thursday, they are most likely to bring us an update (mayby as in 10.6.7 or a seperate update) to support this processor.

Untill then, we just have to wait.

I have the same Laptop: This is what works:

Boot from Hard Drive: Yes
Ethernet:Yes
WiFi: Yes
Sound; Yes, (Sound is good but tricky to get right)
Battery State: Yes
Bluetooth: No
Sleep: No
Track Pad: Was but lost it on one of many attempts to get graphics.
Display: 1280X1024X32, Useless without acceleration, etc.

Tried everything possible to get video besides basic vesa to no avail. No matter what you read about drivers for this, none of them work. I tried them all. The best I get is a corrupted display. OS 10 is identifying the Intel HD card and the Nvidia card but will not load the kexts. When it does, the system crashes. Installing the drivers from the early 2011 Mac Laptop release causes KP.

If you run across drivers, let me know.

lightmanrt said:
I have the same Laptop: This is what works:

Boot from Hard Drive: Yes
Ethernet:Yes
WiFi: Yes
Sound; Yes, (Sound is good but tricky to get right)
Battery State: Yes
Bluetooth: No
Sleep: No
Track Pad: Was but lost it on one of many attempts to get graphics.
Display: 1280X1024X32, Useless without acceleration, etc.

Tried everything possible to get video besides basic vesa to no avail. No matter what you read about drivers for this, none of them work. I tried them all. The best I get is a corrupted display. OS 10 is identifying the Intel HD card and the Nvidia card but will not load the kexts. When it does, the system crashes. Installing the drivers from the early 2011 Mac Laptop release causes KP.

If you run across drivers, let me know.

I had the same Book! Wich Wifi and Touchpad driver did you use? Hope to get some Help with it!

Thanks MArtin and sorry for my bad <english?

Please post some links to the kexts you used! I'm dying here because I just reinstalled SL for the third time so I can start with new kexts.

Updated 6/27/11 for 10.6.8 READ THIS ENTIRE POST AND THE STEPS IN THIS THREAD BEFOREHAND! viewtopic.php?f=119&t=23197

EDIT: I've found good kexts for all except sound (sound works!), graphics (Nvidia GT 540m - an overclocked Nvidia GT 435M and Intel HD3000. INTEL HD3000 WORKS WITH 10.6.8), and bluetooth (Integrated with Atheros AR9285 which is both 802.11 and bluetooth and recognized as Azurewave Bluetooth USB Dongle)

EDIT2: This is how I installed SL to my Asus N53SV-XV1
1)iBoot + Retail SL
2) Reboot with iBoot + 10.6.8 Combo Updater (I went from 10.6.7 Combo Updater first and used the software updater afterward for 10.6.8 - I had to delete the IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext file to prevent a kernel panic) + Run MultiBeast:
3)-EasyBeast (Will need to find a separate Wifi kext later if you choose this option)
OR
-UserDSDT (Recomended - Use DSDT Auto-Patcher Utility and choose the Asus> N53JQ Profile. 802.11 a/g (I don't think n) Wifi will be enabled through this)
4)Check:
-System Utilities
-Drivers & Bootloaders> Kexts & Enablers> Audio> Universal> VoodooHDA 0.2.72 (Beware of feedback from internal mic, it can get loud! To solve this edit the info.plist of VoodooHDA.kext in System/Library/Extensions and change the "igain" value to "0" and the "imix" value to roughly "80" - all without quotes - and save)
-Drivers & Bootloaders> Kexts & Enablers> Disk> IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
-Drivers & Bootloaders> Kexts & Enablers> Miscellaneous> Fake SMC Plugins
-Drivers & Bootloaders> Kexts & Enablers> Miscellaneous> NullCPUPowerManagement
-Drivers & Bootloaders> Kexts & Enablers> Miscellaneous> USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas
-Drivers & Bootloaders> Kexts & Enablers> Network> Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet
-Customization> Boot Options> 64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No
-Customization> Boot Options> PCI Root ID Fix
-Customization> System Definitions> MacBook Pro> MacBookPro 8,1
-OSx86 Software> Kext Helper b7
5)Install
6)Run BridgeHelper
7)Restart without iBoot - it should be working without graphics acceleration or touchpad and possibly no keyboard.
8)Run Kext Helper b7
-Drag VoodooBattery.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, and ApplePS2Controller.kext into the application window
-Type user password
-Click Easy Install
-Wait for for prompt to appear with whatever message it gives - it should be good with these kexts
9)Reboot

Voila! You should have most features, with the exception of GPU Acceleration and (Intel HD3000 works in 10.6.8 - now we just need the Nvidia 540m to be supported!) Bluetooth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back