Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
i7/7700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello All

I have put together a system that consists of an Antec 1380 case, Gigabyte H55M-S2H (I know, I bought the wrong board), EVGA GeForce 210 Graphics card and 4GHz RAM.

My 10.6.2 installation was successful using Empire EFI 1.085 i5 version but the problem is that I have no audio at all and limited graphics.

I have tried the fix that worked for the member "mymac" and it did not work for me.

May I report my work.

1. delete all LegacyHDA driver in /Extra/Extension
2. delete AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext in /System/Libarary/Extension
3. Using Kext Utility to remove the driver cache
4. Using Disk Utility to repair the permission

5. Install the Tony AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext given to ALC888 using Kext Helper Utility
6. Using Kext Utility to remove the driver cache
7. Using Disk Utility to repair the permission
8. Reboot :wave:

PS. Select different Line out for different jack you inserted. For me, I inserted into the green jack and select the first line out device.

To test it. You may click / double click on the spinner.

Can anyone recommend fixes for my audio and video problems? Any help is appreciated :thumbup:

You can use MutliBeast to install NVenabler and if you post your DSDT, I can add support for your # Realtek ALC888B - it's the same as my board. ;)

In all likelihood you can use all of the same files as the P55M-UD2. Submit your DSDT to the DSDT database for non-P55 Motherboards- not a hugely popular topic right now, but Gigabyte is always welcome. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=630

Thanks for the quick response Tony!

I'm assuming that I will need to start over with a fresh install of Snow Leopard, this time using your P55 Boot CD and then MultiBeast? I tried using MultiBeast first to install the NVenabler and upon reboot I had a black screen.

I will try and post my DSDT as soon as I re-install OSX and learn how to extract my DSDT and post it ;)

machuero said:

I'm assuming that I will need to start over with a fresh install of Snow Leopard, this time using your P55 Boot CD and then MultiBeast? I tried using MultiBeast first to install the NVenabler and upon reboot I had a black screen.

I will try and post my DSDT as soon as I re-install OSX and learn how to extract my DSDT and post it ;)

Ok- reinstall using iBoot + MultiBeast- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=401

And report back. You're going to have to use VoodooHDA until you get your DSDT ready. ;)

Do you recommend MultiBeast method over the The P55 Boot CD method?

machuero said:
Do you recommend MultiBeast method over the The P55 Boot CD method?

Yes- most definitely- but it's not really out yet, so you'll have to refer to both for screenshots and details.

okay thanks Tony! I will try this when I get home from work later tonight. I'm assuming that I will need to download the 10.6.2 combo update from somewhere also?

tonymacx86 said:
machuero said:

Ok- reinstall using iBoot + MultiBeast- viewtopic.php?f=3&t=401

And report back. You're going to have to use VoodooHDA until you get your DSDT ready. ;)

Hi Tony

I booted up with iBoot, switched the CD to MacOS install disk, it goes through the black screen loading items (white text) then the screen goes black and hangs.

After that attempt I tried using the P55 Boot CD and I was able to get the OSX Disk to start the install. It is installing as I write this. After the system loads which method should I follow to get everything working correctly?

Thanks!

After install, got to the welcome screen using P55 to boot again.

Tony ... I am attaching my DSDT file. I hope we can get this thing working right. It's off to work for me. Thank you for your help!

Jack

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl
    186.1 KB · Views: 162
machuero said:
Tony ... I am attaching my DSDT file. I hope we can get this thing working right. It's off to work for me. Thank you for your help!

Jack

Hey man- could you post this in the DSDT Database for non-P55 Motherboards topic? It would be easier when I get to editing it. ;)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=630

Also, make sure to document which bios revision you're on- make sure it's the latest. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back