Graphics
MSI GTX 1050 TI 4GT LP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
When I boot from the USB installer it sometimes hangs at this stage. Sometimes I have to restart 3-4 times to get past that stage

Does anybody know why?

Does anyone else have this problem? :?:

/N

OK, the only thing i have connected is my Apple alu-keyboard and an Razer Pro mouse connected to the keyboard. And then I have my Sandisk 8GB USB memory with Snow Leopard installation files.

It only stops at "USBMSC Identifier" when I boot up for installation. Once everything is installed I never get this error.

And now I have everything up and running so no need to waste any time on this problem

niclasc said:
Does anyone else have this problem? :?:

/N

I have this issue too. I more or less narrowed it down to my MagicJack! I would boot verbose without it and those unkowns were gone. Rebooted again and there it was again. I read on a forum elsewhere (by google) that it is caused by "flaky mass storage devices, typically flash drives!". This may be causing it for you also. I ended up getting a new magicjack as it was causing allot of issues including kernel panics. After replacement the issues are gone. I am keeping an eye out for it though! Hope this helps.

Is there any solution to this problem?

My Unibeast installation fails with the error message. Every time I unplug/replug my flash drive, I get the error. I also installed Unibeast onto an external USB hard drive... and I still get the same error.

Z68MA-D2H-B3 F9
Core i7 2600K

Thanks for the help.

Thats a good question. I have been suffering with this since before I posted here. I do however have an AMD system. So I see it is something with the OS X sytem or Hackintosh itself. I have a Mac Mini and do not see the errors. I may have to find a cheap flash drive to double check. I do not know why no one here has replied. :banghead: There are allot of intelligent people here. I may however have to post on another board (not here) as of late there are allot of N00Bs. My profile states I am one but far from it. Had a mac since 1992, and no not the same one! lol Thanks for replying and if I get an answer you will know it. I have just been looking at the error in the verbose boot and wandering about it.

:beachball:

clockworks said:
Is there any solution to this problem?

My Unibeast installation fails with the error message. Every time I unplug/replug my flash drive, I get the error. I also installed Unibeast onto an external USB hard drive... and I still get the same error.

Z68MA-D2H-B3 F9
Core i7 2600K

Thanks for the help.

So I found a solution to the problem. It's strange though, that "USBMC Identifier (non unique) ..." message is a bit misleading (at least in my case).

Setting "GraphicsEnabler=No" in the Unibeast bootloader fixed the problem for me.

Lion is currently in the process of installing. Crossing fingers for no other hiccups. :)

multebeast installer fails with the error message
this is for the peoples that have error with multibeast installer Check Java That was happening to me and i reinstall new Java for respective install in my case lion and done it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back