Graphics
HD6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all. I have Lion working in this mono with bios FB, only problem is with double click to wakeup. Does any one knows how to upgrade from FB to currently FF bios version? and does it worth it ?

Thanks a lot.

I upgraded from FE to FF recently. Seems to be worth it. It didn't hurt anything at least. You'll need access to windows to extract the new firmware from the .exe you'll download from Gigabytes website. You can also google "flashing gigabyte BIOS" and that will help you find the PDF instructions on how to do it.

As for the sleep, try swapping the Lion AppleRTC.kext for a Snow Leopard AppleRTC.kext. Use Kext Helper Utility to install it. And also make sure you save the original Lion kext somewhere safe in case the SL doesn't work. I'm using an Apple BT module from a Mac Pro. I get wake from wired keyboard and Magic Trackpad just fine. No Sleep problems at all. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for your help. I will give it try then. Have you used the q-flash utility to upgrade gigabyte bios? does it work with mackintoshs?

I downloaded the bios update, but it is an .exe file. I will try to open in windows (parallels) to see what is inside.

Regards and thanks again.

alux said:
Thanks a lot for your help. I will give it try then. Have you used the q-flash utility to upgrade gigabyte bios? does it work with mackintoshs?

I downloaded the bios update, but it is an .exe file. I will try to open in windows (parallels) to see what is inside.

Regards and thanks again.

I did use the Q-flash from the BIOS. The exe extracts the firmware. You'll need to put the extracted file on to a thumb drive formatted in FAT32/16. Flashing the BIOS works just fine on a Hackintosh system. I'd suggest running multibeast to install the new FF DSDT into your extras folder BEFORE you flash the new BIOS. That way you boot into your OS ready to go.

Thanks a lot to everyone. Now i have FF bios version running. Just a side note, i forgot to update my dst with the FF one, it booted ok with FB dst, no problem. The only problem left is the double click to weak up. any idea? thanks beforehand for all your help.
Regards.

alux said:
Thanks a lot to everyone. Now i have FF bios version running. Just a side note, i forgot to update my dst with the FF one, it booted ok with FB dst, no problem. The only problem left is the double click to weak up. any idea? thanks beforehand for all your help.
Regards.

What type of setup are you using to wake up? Bluetooth keyboard or mouse? If so, what type of BT module do you have? I'd suggest looking at NotShy's Sleep Guide. There may be a solution there.

i have a wireless apple keyboard and usb donge that buyed in japan. To wake up i have to push the power button and move the mouse (well an wacom intuos 4 wireless working like a mouse ). If i do not move the mouse the machine sleeps again and then the network connection does not work. The keyboard does not wake the machine up. I will search for the notshy guide. If you have the link it will be much appreciate.

Here the details:

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 2.5.0f17
Hardware Settings:
Address: 00-02-72-d2-57-33
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio
Name: MacPro_desktop
Firmware Version: 3164
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Yes
Vendor ID: 0xa12
Product ID: 0x1
HCI Version: 3 (0x3)
HCI Revision: 3164 (0xc5c)
LMP Version: 3 (0x3)
LMP Subversion: 3164 (0xc5c)
Device Type (Major): Computer
Device Type (Complete): Mac Desktop
Composite Class Of Device: 3801348 (0x3a0104)
Device Class (Major): 1 (0x1)
Device Class (Minor): 1 (0x1)
Service Class: 464 (0x1d0)
Peer to Peer Supported: No
Services:
Bluetooth File Transfer:
Folder other devices can browse: ~/Public
Requires Authentication: Yes
State: Enabled
Bluetooth File Exchange:
Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads
Requires Authentication: No