Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
If i have my main HDD has windows on it and i am buying another HDD, can i use iBoot on the new one and use chameleon to dual boot the two hard drives? or do i have to something different. i am confused about this, i understand completely about iboot and how to do that. i just dont want to have to erase my main HDD with all my info on it. also will i have to configure my bios differently from iBoot the method. also will my info on the OSx HDD save to it or my main HDD? I someone could help me that'd be awesome!

Colossusbird said:
If i have my main HDD has windows on it and i am buying another HDD, can i use iBoot on the new one and use chameleon to dual boot the two hard drives? or do i have to something different. i am confused about this, i understand completely about iboot and how to do that. i just dont want to have to erase my main HDD with all my info on it. also will i have to configure my bios differently from iBoot the method. also will my info on the OSx HDD save to it or my main HDD? I someone could help me that'd be awesome!

According to what I heard, before you install Mac OSX, disconnect your main Windows HDD and attach your new HDD, then install Mac OSX on the new HDD according to the instructions here.

After Mac OSX is booting and working properly, you can then turn the computer off and reconnect your main Windows HDD, but make sure that the OSX HDD is designated the first hard disk. The Chimera bootloader should detect the Windows system on the second HDD and offer it as a boot option.

Note that I have not tried this myself and this is what I gathered from other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back