CPU
Core i7-3970X
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4Gb
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone had any issues with transferring accounts to a new Hackintosh. I actually did clean installs of all my applications on my new Hackintosh, but would like to transfer over my account settings, such as Calender, Address Book, email and Bookmarks. (My old Mac was 10.5.8 Leopard) Perhaps I am just being overly cautious at this point, but can anyone share their experiences with using the Migration tool on a Hackintosh.

I have mixed feelings about the Migration Assistant- I'd recommend against using it immediately at the setup screens, but you're probably ok to use it after a reboot on a fresh installation.

It seems to duplicate some files and do other weird stuff- you're better off installing everything fresh, but that's just my personal preference.

Also, try SuperDuper! It's the best cloning solution in my opinion- and makes bootable backup images. :mrgreen:

http://www.shirt-pocket.com/SuperDuper/ ... ption.html

I am trying it as we speak :) From my old hackintosh pc to my new and improved :) Old and new version are the same: 10.6.5. And because everything i use a DSDT I think it's pretty safe.

20 minutes to go! :)

No problems whatsoever here :) It migrated nicely :) I can recommend it

For me Migration Assistant is not working and I would like it to. For some reason Time Machine does not see my QNAP NAS on 10.6.8 but it does on 10.6.3 and I can restore the system from it, if i would like.

The problem is I don't want to do that as it is 10.6 and all I want to do is get my applications and users back. Can anyone give me some troubleshooting tips about this. All I get is a pinwheel when I ask it to restore from another disk.

What I can do is copy the sparse bundle locally and restore from there but that is not a viable solution in the long term. Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back