Radeon 6850 1Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm trying to run a 64bit Win7 VM and I get and error that says I don't have a 64bit CPU which I do

Error:
Code:
However, 64-bit operation is not possible. This host is VT-capable, but VT is disabled.
This is usually because VT has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting. Please:
(1) Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable VT and disable 'trusted execution.'
(2) Power-cycle the host, if either of these BIOS/firmware settings have been changed.
(3) Power-cycle the host, if you have not done so since installing VMware Fusion.
(4) Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.
For more detailed information, see [url]http://vmware.com/info?id=152[/url].

Continue without 64-bit support?

If I try to continue it goes into a boot loop and just fails.

I rebooted and looked in the BIOS and sure enough Intel Virtualization was off, I turned it on and rebooted to the same error. I'm running a Gigabyte Z77-DS3H board with the latest BIOS. Any suggestions?

Hi rcook55,

I have got the same problem now. It worked like a charm before I had updated my MB Bios. Now I get the same f*** error. I hope you got it solved and could help me out.

UPDATE: For me it was the BIOS Setting. I thought I changed it but somehow it was not saved after the first time. Enabling it and complete shutdown made it work again.

Thanks,
g0nz0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back