Graphics
XFX HD 5770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Does QE/CI work with this method? Wondering about upgrading to a 6970 from my 5770.

kjekse said:
Does QE/CI work with this method? Wondering about upgrading to a 6970 from my 5770.

I am also interested in knowing the same! Anybody?

my friend please answer

Does QE/CI work on HIS 6950?

bohenden said:
Sorry for late answer!

This does not give you QE/CI, though it does give full resolution and everything works beside acceleration in games etc.

I have a HIS 6970, don't know about 6950 :((

There may be QE/CI in not so long time, considering updates, but with the result I have now, I am happy. I was going to just use Logic Pro to edit music, and with this method I have no problems ;;

8/10

-bohenden

Thanks for getting back. I work a lot with iMovie and I believe it needs QE/CI on to be functional. I guess I will have to wait then.

Cheers

Once you are in 10.7, you could settle down, and be happy. But you could also want to get up to 10.7.2 . Since this is a important update.

- Download update from Apple.com along with Multibeast from Tonymacx86.
-Install update and apply neccesarry multibeast settings for you Mobo.

Things have hopefully developed a bit since then. I have an HIS 6970 as well and really want functionality. I installed Lion (10.7.2) from the Unibeast USBboot. I found both Netkas's 6970.pkg and another 6970 Full Package which is supposed to keep the DVD player running. I Installed Lion, but I cannot boot to MultiBeast. Safe Mode, Single User Mode, PCIRootID=1 and 0 will not get me into the Lion install on my HD. Everytime it nears the end of verbose loading the GPU fan spins up and the computer reboots. (This is different from what happened when Graphics Enabler was Yes, because then the fan just kept spinning on high.)

If you don't have any idea what I can do to install MultiBeast, is there somewhere where I can find the help I need?

Could I install these driver packages if I put my boot drive in a FW enclosure and dragged and dropped from my iMac? (And where would they go?)

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back