Graphics
nVidia 250
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So far I'm using some left over parts from my last computer build.
Here is what I have right now.

CPU - Intel Xeon X3440
Motherboard - EVGA P55 LE
Memory - G.Skill Ripjaws 4GB (2GB x 2) DDR3 1600
Video Card - EVGA GTS 250 512MB

I'm still waiting on the processor and memory. But I'm getting those two. And was wondering all in all. Will I have trouble running SL on this build? Any chance of native?

Odd choice of bits, but I guess if you already have the CPU...
You'd have to roll your own DSDT for that board though, as you're the first one on this forum that's using it. They're using AMI BIOSes and no-one here that I know of is able to edit DSDT's for those. It's got a Marvell network controller which I don't know if it'll work or not, EVGA's website is void of model numbers for the components on the board so...
Apart from that, yeah, it should be a fairly vanilla build.

The performance of the i5 750 is better, and it's cheaper. But this CPU has Hyperthreading- I guess it would depend on the Applications you plan to use. My 2cents.

yeah that was the main reason for the processor was the Hyperthreading. The I5 750 was only $10 less where I live. Well mainly for me is music encoding and programming as I will have to use macports, fink a lot of development and I need it to get done much faster. I do plan to overclock this processor in the mean time. The only thing I've noticed difference from the i5 and X3440 is that the i5 is 2.66GHz and X3440 is 2.53GHz and X3440 has hyperthreading.

Well as soon as all my parts come in, I'll start hacking on the DSDT. And report back here if any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back