Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Since my install of LION I've been having quite a bit trouble. I keep getting KP every time I restart the computer, and sleep no longer works. Puts the computer to sleep, but upon awakening it gives me a KP after a few seconds.

My main KP is at start up, I've seemed to narrow it down to it being 2 files -PaeFireStudio.kext and IOAudioFamily.kext (see image)IMG_0404.jpg It seems to do this when I install my Presonus FireStudio drivers. I deleted them by booting into Windows7 and using MacDrive to see my Lion Drive (Safe Mode would not work, would get stuck on a grey screen). Deleted the files from the folder and rebooting. Worked one of the times and then reinstalled my FireStudio Drivers. So my question is, what is going on here? Is it the drivers? or something with Lion. I didn't have this problem before. :think:

Attachments

• IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 152
gautierinzq said:
Try this procedure:

http://support.presonus.com/entries/113 ... r#overview

complete uninstall. then re-install.
It would be nice to try that, however once this happens, I can't even boot into OS X. I Need to boot into Windows7 and then access my drive and delete the bad files. Then I can boot into OS X, THe driver works fine with my Presonus FireStudio, but when I restart the computer that's when I keep getting that KP. But If I delete those 2 files everything is fine. I don't get it. What is different in LION that makes this not work? Worked fine in SL, grrrrr I hate updates. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back