Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Installed Via iboot supported/Multibeast method. Installed and updated everything perfect. Everything was working seamlessly until I tried to boot and the screen kept going blank. If I boot with -x the last thing I see is systemShutdown false and waiting for DSMOS, then the monitor goes blank. I tried switching SATA ports, left only 4 gigs in, Updated BIOS, loaded optimized defaults, wiped drive, etc. I found it is not the installation CD, as it does it also booting from the hard drive. Can't get anywhere, I can't get back to even the install through iBoot now. Just don't understand how it worked originally, nothing has changed. Video card problem??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anything? Could my memory be incompatible? Guess I'm gonna pack it all up and take it back, try a fresh batch of motherboard + memory. Appreciate any ideas.

Run a memtest86+ on the memory to rule that out. Also helps to make sure you have all your overclocking settings (if any) in BIOS set to default settings. Then reapply overclock settings after successful install.

Nevertheless, what you have described is similar to what I also observed when attempting to install Snow Leopard using the ATI 4350 video card. Therefore, I assume it is your video card. Make sure you have kext to support your video card. Also try the iBoot Nvidia.

Thank you for your help. Swapped out the memory, wasn't that. Next... Video card. Hopefully that will trigger something. Much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back