Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H - i7 3770 console message—is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77-DS3H rev.1.0
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm running a GA-Z77-DS3H with an i7 3770 and an ASUS Radeon HD 6870. I did an upgrade, not a clean install (I installed Lion just under a month ago, so I took my chances). Everything went according to plan, though I had to remove my graphics card during installation. Not a big deal. I ran the same things in MultiBeast that Tony has in his Ivy Bridge guide.

Anyway, I've got this console message now, and since I'm such a n00b I thought I would ask if it means anything:

7/29/12 1:46:30.000 PM kernel[0]: WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
7/29/12 1:46:30.000 PM kernel[0]: -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

Anyone else seeing this? I wonder if it's related to another problem I've been having. The issue has been around since my first Lion install, and can be seen here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61408-ram-speed-sleep-usb.html

I'm running a GA-Z77-DS3H with an i7 3770 and an ASUS Radeon HD 6870. I did an upgrade, not a clean install (I installed Lion just under a month ago, so I took my chances). Everything went according to plan, though I had to remove my graphics card during installation. Not a big deal. I ran the same things in MultiBeast that Tony has in his Ivy Bridge guide.

Anyway, I've got this console message now, and since I'm such a n00b I thought I would ask if it means anything:

7/29/12 1:46:30.000 PM kernel[0]: WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
7/29/12 1:46:30.000 PM kernel[0]: -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

Anyone else seeing this? I wonder if it's related to another problem I've been having. The issue has been around since my first Lion install, and can be seen here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61408-ram-speed-sleep-usb.html

Do you have the appropriate SSDT installed in your /Extra folder? Sounds like an issue related to that; it can cause CPU power management to not function, resulting in high idle temperatures and low performance.

Do you have the appropriate SSDT installed in your /Extra folder? Sounds like an issue related to that; it can cause CPU power management to not function, resulting in high idle temperatures and low performance.

I do not. That makes some sense, though—I've noticed the box running a bit louder than it did before. My understanding was that my mobo did not require SSDT (although that was with Tony's Ivy Bridge Lion guide, not Mountain Lion). What's the appropriate MultiBeast install for that? I am so n00b.

Thanks for the response!

I installed an SSDT but I'm still getting the same console message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back