Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I hope this finds you well...I'm actually a CIO for a bank and have done quite a bit PC building, configuring, etc. but I am a noob when it comes to Mac. I've decided to purchase PC components and build a hackintosh with my son. So, first i will lay out my hardware, then go over the steps I took, and finally the issues i am having...so, without further ado:
1. COMPONENTS:
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU: intel i7-2600K LGA1155
Memory: 16GB (only 4gb currently installed) Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
Video: EVGA Geforce GTX460 1gb GDDR5
Case: Antec Three-Hundred
DVD: LG SATA 24x OEM
HDD: WD 500gb SATA
Mouse: Apple USB wired
Keyboard: Apple USB Wired
2. STEPS:
a. Downloaded iBoot, burned to CD, booted to iBoot screen
b. Inserted purchased copy of Max OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3
c. Partitioned / formatted drive and installed Snow leopard
d. Installed combo pack 10.6.7
e. Installed Multibeast (tried many different things here - will explain later)
3. ISSUES:
a. I cannot get network card to work (although, I had it working once, but when I rebooted it stopped working and hasn't worked since)
b. I cannot get it to boot from hard drive...I have to boot from CD. When I boot from hard drive, I get the apple in the center of the screen and it just hangs.
c. I haven't been able to get the sound to work.
d. If my DVD drive is empty, it will not eject by pressing button on front unless hackintosh is booting up. If there is a dvd in the drive, I can eject it from with the OS.
4. MISCELLANEOUS
The files currently in my /extra/extensions folder are:
- AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
- EvOreboot.kext
- FakeSMC.kext
- JMicron36xATA.kext
- LegacyAppleRTC.kext
- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

I used easyDSDT and I tried UserDSDT with a DSDT file I downloaded from the database (DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-F8.aml) which I copied to the desktop before running Multibeast. I selected System Utilities several times before, after, and during selecting the DSDT installs. the only attempt that I was able to get the network card operational was when I installed the driver (RealTek Gigabyte Ethernet 2.0.6)...but, like I said earlier, it stopped after a reboot.

Thanks for taking the time to read my message...
Best Regards...
Jason

Thanks Karacho for your response. I followed the instructions in the post you linked:
viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306
and after I rebooted my computer it comes to the screen that says,
"You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power
button until it turns off, then press the power button again"
...along with the same message in 4 other languages.
When I reboot, same message.
When I boot from iBoot CD and select Snow Leopard installation, same message again??

Any ideas?
I hope I don't have to reinstall everything from scratch again.

Thanks,
Jason

I shut it down completely and rebooted with the iBoot disk and was able to get it to come up. Still the same issues though. The main thing I would like to get working is the network. How do I remove the kexts I installed and start fresh without having to reinstall the OS? Also, how do I update the bios for this Gigabyte MOBO? I downloaded the .exe update program on my PC, but how do I get that to update my bios on my Hackintosh? I believe i will somehow get an ISO image that i can boot to on the hackintosh to update the bios?
Also, how come I can boot from the iBoot CD but not the hard drive? It looks like it will boot but it just sits on the apple logo. Also, that link you provided goes through steps to install Lion...would that be the same for Snow Leopard?
Thanks tremendously,
Jason

mastercheetah said:
I shut it down completely and rebooted with the iBoot disk and was able to get it to come up. Still the same issues though. The main thing I would like to get working is the network. How do I remove the kexts I installed and start fresh without having to reinstall the OS? Also, how do I update the bios for this Gigabyte MOBO? I downloaded the .exe update program on my PC, but how do I get that to update my bios on my Hackintosh? I believe i will somehow get an ISO image that i can boot to on the hackintosh to update the bios?
Also, how come I can boot from the iBoot CD but not the hard drive? It looks like it will boot but it just sits on the apple logo. Also, that link you provided goes through steps to install Lion...would that be the same for Snow Leopard?
Thanks tremendously,
Jason
Boot up your OSX using iBoot. Then delete the whole /Extra folder. Jump into /System/Library/Extensions and delete the installed network kexts installed by Multibeast (have a look for AppleIntelE1000e.kext, AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext and/or RealtekRTL81xx.kext...depends on what you'd installed before, delete them all if any). Download the DSDT for your Bord, - Biosversin and Board revision number must match - from the Database and place it on your desktop (DSDT-GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3-xx.aml ; xx stays for the Biosversion you have...can be F3, F4, F8, F9). After that run Multibeast and try that...
Bildschirmfoto 2011-10-19 um 23.30.30.png

Note: If you want update to 10.6.8 you have to install UpdateHelper from the Download Site before. After that you have to re-run MB again with the options ticked as shown

New Bios *.exe files are selfextracting zip files. You can easy extract them with keka. (in keka settings select "extract always". Then copy the extracted Z68XUD3H.xx onto a thumb drive. Leave the thumb drive connected and reboot and jump into your Bios. There select QFLASH and selct your thumb drive. That's easy...isn't it?
Bildschirmfoto 2011-10-19 um 23.42.51.png

Note: If you're planning to update your Bios, do it before all the steps mentioned above

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-10-19 um 23.30.30.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-10-19 um 23.30.30.png
    141.4 KB · Views: 505
  • Bildschirmfoto 2011-10-19 um 23.42.51.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-10-19 um 23.42.51.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 501
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back