ASUS V896
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem booting into Lion. I have an Asus P8H61/USB3 Board with i3 2100 Dual Core Processor, 8GB of DDR3 RAM and Asus ATI HD5770. I also installed a Linksys PCI wireless card which is recognised without loading any kexts.

I installed Snow Leopard using iBoot 3.1, installed UpdateHelper, rebooted, and then the 10.6.8 ComboUpdate. The graphics card and Benq monitor were recognised straight away after the ComboUpdate, then I ran MultiBeast 3.9 for the 64 bit bootscreen, the Realtek 2.0.6 built in ethernet, and the bootloader options. Everything went pretty smoothly up to this point.

I downloaded Lion from the App store, although I had to remove and reinstate my network connections to get the order right to connect to the App Store as I was originally getting the 'Computer could not be verified message'.

I installed Lion using xMove and, again, everything went smoothly. Until I tried to run Multibeast 4.0 for the bootscreen and ethernet again. Now I can't boot into Lion, I keep getting a Panic CPU2 Caller.

I still have the installer drive as it described in the xMove install. I've tried reinstalling Lion again, but it doesn't seem to make any differnce. The installer runs no problems, no boot options needed, and the Graphics (1920x1080) and Airport (connected to wireless network) are both fine.

I've tried all the boot options I can think of, -x, -v, -s, PCIRootUID=1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, arch=i386, arch=x86-64, but it panics everytime. I also get a F718x unrecognsied chip error as well on other occasions when it hangs instead of panic.

If I erase the drive and start over, will I have to repurchase Lion from the App store? That would suck to have to buy it again.

Thanks for the help guys

rboot worked perfectly, back into lion and fixed the multibeast install, shutting down and booting up perfectly now.

I have the Realtek audio working although there seems to be a bit of a buzzing coming through when nothing is playing.

I haven't tried USB3 yet, I don't have any USB3 devices.

I'm having a problem accessing the App store again, but I think that's to do with the networkpreferences.plist and the order of the wireless/ethernet.

iTunes is working, so I reckon I'll get it sorted. thanks for the help buddy :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back