Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
well i found my way around and ended up installing snow leopard unfortunately i'm not able to finish the process of the tutorial with multibeast due to the fact that i don't have a proper mouse jejeje well anyway if someone has any info about a fix for the elantech touchpad i will be really grateful

thanks in advance

Dunno if you are still working on the nv57 or not, but most everything is supported in Lion. Simply upgrading fixed most of my problems.

BTW the gateway is made by acer. The acer branded counterpart is the 5750.

Here are some lion kexts that may help with your install...
http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=f ... 004&page=2

The VoodooHDA kext in this pack didnt work for me, i had to use the latest VoodooHDA kext and adjust the gain in the info.plist (there was a squealing sound when i booted up until i adjusted the gain).

You will have to buy a supported wifi card, as the one my shipped with isnt supported. Found one on ebay for $7.

USB 3.0 isnt working, only USB 2.0

Graphics work natively in lion, including hdmi and vga!

Sam, I was able to get Snow Leopard on my NV79 following the instructions for iboot+multibeast. Unfortunately I can only get to the point where you upgrade to 10.6.8. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but as long as I stick with 10.6.3 and boot using iboot I have about 75% working hardware. When I upgrade it just does't boot again.

Working so far: sound, touchpad, wireless, usb ports, and video seems ok.
Not working: wired ethernet, web cam, battery status.

Good luck
John

I installed snow leopard from a retail disk, multibeast, then updated using the app store app expanded to another partition. Went pretty smooth, only took me a couple days to get up and running and most of it was figuring out that i needed to turn down the gain on voodoo HDA. I did read somewhere that voodooHDA will screw up your install on 10.7.3-4. Try it without voodoHDA first.

i can post a link to download all my kexts if you like. Just let me know. Im runnning 10.7.2 though.

heres my kext files...

*Link Deleted because 10.7.4 kexts are posted below.

Remember i am running 10.7.2

Once you purchase another wifi card you will need to find a kext for it.

BTW i get a kernel panic sometimes when i have a USB device plugged in during boot up, just an FYI.
Hope this helps! :)

Btw I tried the upgrade to 10.7.4 after removing sleepenabler.kext and voodoohda.kext and it worked fine. Lost wifi n couldn't get the sound working again. I'll let u know if I get it working.

Update: got everything working except audio n hopefully I'll have the fixed shortly. Now running 10.7.4 :)

I'll post the kexts when I'm finished.

Oh I didn't see ur PS.

I replaced the wifi card with an atheros 9280. It's working nOw as well.

The reason I replaced the factory card is because I couldn't find a kext for it.

Heres a link to all my 10.7.4 kexts. Should have you up and running 1st try if you pick up an atheros 9280 wireless card.
:thumbup:

***Link deleted because Mountain Lion Kexts are attached to a later post.

Should be finished uploading within 10 minutes of this post. Let me know if you have any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back