Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am wanting to build a hackintosh inside a custom case I am building, and I want to make the whole thing as small as possible...SO..

I ordered a Gigabyte-H55N-USB3 with an intel core i3-2105 (sandy bridge 3.1GHz) cpu, which has integrated Intel HD-3000 graphics...

My question is: Is a pci-express graphics card necessary, or can this build be done with just the in-built CPU graphics?

You can now use the HD-3000 on board graphics as there is support in OSX for it.
Just check the user builds for your board and even the guide sections and make sure there isn't anything special you need to do.
Keep in mind that the on board graphics is not going to me ideal for gaming and the such.

joshing88 said:
I am wanting to build a hackintosh inside a custom case I am building, and I want to make the whole thing as small as possible...SO..

I ordered a Gigabyte-H55N-USB3 with an intel core i3-2105 (sandy bridge 3.1GHz) cpu, which has integrated Intel HD-3000 graphics...

My question is: Is a pci-express graphics card necessary, or can this build be done with just the in-built CPU graphics?

A graphic card is not necessary and no, you can't use the built in CPU graphic card with your setup.

am i the only one whos realised hes ordered an 1156 board with an 1155 cpu?
although in his profile it does state an 1155 board. weird.

@admin, did you read what you wrote. youve contradicted yourself in a single sentence

I was looking at the info below user name hence why I didn't see the 1155 and 1156 mismatch. Because so many people do not put hardware specs in sig.

So yeah the 1156 board you have listed can do on board graphics with some DSDT patching, unless there is a new DSDT for it
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12829

The Sandybridge (1155) boards with HD3000 on board graphics there is support for but sense I don't have one you would see what is needed for those to run on board graphics.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25722

I'm not sure where I contradicted myself but on board graphics are not as powerful as a stand alone GPU, that's why I said your not going to be able to use heavy video intense games or programs.

Sorry guys, I posted the wrong board - the one i have is actually the GA-H67N-USB3-B3 (1155 socket)

Also, I've been looking for a guide & not having much luck, can anyone direct me to an install guide for leopard using this setup?

Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB-B3 (F5) mobo
Intel Core i3-2105 sandy bridge
integrated HD3000 graphics
(NO PCI VIDEO CARD)
500GB SATA Seagate Barracuda HDD
Lite-On slot-loading slimline CD/DVD burner
Rosewill wireless usb network adapter (RNX-N150UBE)
8GB DDR3 Ram (2x4GB) 1333 MHz
ASUS USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle

Don't have keyboard or mouse yet, but will soon be getting a wireless APPLE keyboard & mouse - hoping to use with the bluetooth dongle...

Also possibly a noobish question, but can the bluetooth dongle handle multiple peripherals? idunno...

You will need a USB key board as initial set up.
Also Make sure your DVD player will work, I know the Sony one is flawless and doesn't mess up sleep.

Read through this for a Guide it's as close a mobo just doing a quick search using "H67N"
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=17779&hilit=H67N

Graphics
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25722&hilit=H67N

Yes the BT dongle works with multiple item connected :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back