Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm about to start buying everything for my new hackintosh and was wondering if ssd's are supported? I'm really considering getting a OCZ Vertex 30gb drive for my applications.

The other specs will be
i5-750
p55-ud2
4gb ddr3 memory
500gb hdd
8400gs video card
sata dvd drive

Ok, great. And my old 8400 will work too? I'd rather put money toward a ssd instead of a video card, although I'll probably get something better later on.

Your 8400 should work just fine with SL. You can either use graphicsenabler=yes with Chameleon, or use NVEnabler 64.kext.

I have a 8400 thats not working 100% I still have a few issues. Will change to a 9400GT or 9500GT

seth556 said:
So what works on it and what doesn't?

I have QE/CI but I have problem with the "Control + Zoom" feature. And spaces dont work. When pressing the button to show all workspaces (Like Exposé) all workspaces are black.

I have tried with nvenabler.kext, EFi-string in com.Boot.plist and also addes graphics info to DSDT.aml And I get the same problem in all three. "Graphics Enabler = yes" doesn't work.

So Im switching to a 9400GT or 9500GT

So it should still work to get my computer up and running on os x?

Just ordered everything for my new computer. I will be reusing my 8400gs video card, 320gb hdd (to compliment the ssd), and case.

Here's an overview of the order.

Attachments

• newcomputer.png
    newcomputer.png
    96 KB · Views: 241
seth556 said:
Just ordered everything for my new computer. I will be reusing my 8400gs video card, 320gb hdd (to compliment the ssd), and case.

Here's an overview of the order.

Dude you got my build! ;)

You'll be happy. Looking at picking up one of these new $100 32gb ssds too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back