Graphics
MSI GTX 460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all, im new here, this is my first time posting but i been on the site for a while just checking different builds and reading while waiting for my parts to come in. so far, i have installed snow leopard then i download lion from the mac app store then put it on a flash drive using unibeast. Then i installed lion thru unibeast. i restart and press f12 to boot into the unibeast boot loader then i picked my new lion that i installed. everything looks good. it shows my ram total in about mac and the cpu im using. it shows the gpu card im using also its running in 1920x1080. the internet and everything works. so i go to the tonymac download page and download the dsdt for my board and the new muiltbeast 4.3. i install the dsdt for my board thru muiltbeast and the bootloader Chimera. then restart my system. but i keep getting panics. :( i dont know why. the only way i can get into the system is my using the pcirootuid=0 flag. (pcirootuid=1) does not ever work. but when i do that i can no longer see what gpu card im using and im not in 1920x1080 anymore. i reading everything i can think of but nothings working.Should i try to install the bootloader by itself? could the dsdt be the problem? any help would be great help.
My system specs:
Intel core i5-750
Gigabtye p55-usb3
consair 60gb ssd.(im using the blue ports not the white Faster ones)
2 x 1TB dirves for data
Antec 750 watt power supply
Msi Gtx460 hawk 1GB gpu

I hope someone here can give you a little better understanding but try to do easyDSDT and see if it will let you boot. If not, please let me know and I will try to help more.

I tired the easybeast and no luck..:( i really dont know what im doing wrong. the only way i can get into the system is by putting the PCIRootUID=0 flag still. the gpu i have should i read was fully working with OSX. is there another step that im not doing? i also cant see the drive im in on finder or on the desktop. but if i go on top to " GO" i can click " Computer" and the drive and all its contents shows up in there.
thank you for telling me about the easybeast tho.

Did you boot with 64bit Apple Boot Screen?

Under Finder, hit Preferences and check off HDD's to see them on the desktop.

In addition, copy/paste you boot plist file from /Extra folder and reply in your post or take a screenshot with Preview and attach to post.

i did boot with the 64bit apple screen from beast. would that be whats the problem? should i try 32 bit this time? i just did another clean install and i am typing on the hackintosh right now. like i said before everything works fine since i booted up using the unibeast flash. it seems like everything got auto picked up besides sound. anyone have a board like mine so i can pick the right things off multi beast. ?(even tho I'm pretty sure i was picking the right stuff before.

ok so i did a fresh install with unibeast and after that i loaded up mutlibeast and used easybeast instead of userdsdt. then i restarted my system and WOW. it loaded by itself without having to go thru unibeast. but it was still not seeing my video card and showing at low res. so i loaded up multibeast again and this time i did the 64 bit apple screen.
it got stuck on the spinning wheel with the apple logo. so i restarted and run the -v from the bootloader. i will post a pic of what i got.
quick question: when i boot up mutlibeast again if i want to change something like when i changed to 64 bit do i have to choose easybeast and all my options...(even tho i did not use anything) everytime?

Attachments

• IMG-20120312-00062.jpg
    IMG-20120312-00062.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 198
so i did a fresh install of lion again from unibeast and i used mutlibeast and went step by step installing only one thing at a time and then rebooting. so far i go my sound,network(which I'm typing on now) it sees the right amount of ram I'm using..(12GB) the only thing that is wrong still seems to be my video card.
again it is a msi gtx460 hawk 1GB card. i was reading thru the forums and came across this post. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52086
after work today, i might try doing what they say for gtx4xx cards. unless someone else has a better idea.
I just don't understand why it works great when i boot with unibeast the first time.(everything is seen as 1920x1080) but when i install the boot loader to my hard drive with mutlibeast it does not work.
i hope someone can be able to help me.
Thanks in advance everyone.

Have you tried the Nvidia driver for mac?

no. i will try that now. do i just install those mac drivers and thats it or do i need to install them and then do something in mutlibeast?

i installed the lastest drivers from nvidia and rebooted and i just get a black screen. everything loads up i see the apple logo and spinning wheel then my monitor turns off..:( i am so confused as too what im doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back