i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 660 TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I'm now couple of weeks in this community and read a LOT about hackintosh and how to set it up.

This is my final build:
I7-2600(non k, I have this one already)
Gigabyte Z68 UD3H-B3(I will use Gordo's tutorial for a clean installation on this motherboard)
Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600 MHz RAM (low profile, 1,5V CL9, 4x4GB) I will use 4GB for the installation ;)
XFX Radeon 6870 1GB
Seasonic X-Series 560Watt power supply (turns off fan in idle :D )
2xCorsair Force GT SSD 120GB 6Gb/s (I will put them in software raid 0, there is a tutorial here, will follow this)

I will get a older NZXT case from a friend, till I finish my G5 case mod :) :)

I'm a hardcore Webdesigner and using photoshop all the time, I have many tabs and many browsers, mail, iTunes, Adium and coda running at the same time. I'm video encoding, but not so often and want to play new game on my 20" cinema display. Maybe I will go in couple of months with a multimonitor setup, this card should be able to power 2xfull hd or even 2x 2560x1440?

Do you guys see anything that I could improve? No need for hdd, I have an older data drive, 1tb I think for backup and data storage.

Looks good, let me know how that goes. I have a similar setup coming in (i5 2500k) instead though.

Actually, it's installing. Had to use -v, because otherwise it freezed after the first osx boot screen.
I put the SSDs in raid0 in the installation menu, will report and when everything works perfectly, i will make a clean thread in the User Build section ;)

Edit: So put the SSDs in RAID0 in the installation menu works not!! Had done it and after used MultiBeast and checked all needed parts, I wasn't able to boot into the system. I'm reinstalling now.
When I have 10.7.3 after installation, do I have to install the 10.7.3 update again?

I'm writing from my hackintosh right now, everything works well.
Didn't tested sleep, but everything is recognized at the About My Mac window, audio, ethernet. Geekbench 32bit is over 11k, 64bit is over 12k.

But, what I don't understand is, why des iStat Menu show me so high temperatures on CPU1 and CPU2 ? CPU A to D are correct, but 1 and 2 are wayy to high.

Bildschirmfoto%202012-02-25%20um%2023.48.16.png

My Corsair Force GT 120GB SATA III has about 160MB/s write and around 460MB/s read sppeds. That's too slow for it? I've seen a youtube video with a Kingston HyperX 120GB, he has near 500MB/s in read and write.
Should i bring my ssd's back and return them? Thanks for any advice!

Yea that build should work great! Gordo is the man! He has helped me tremendously and my build is very similar to that. In fact it's almost identical. The only real difference is the extra 120GB SSD.

My parts should be here Tuesday. I am really excited to build this beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back