Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
It seems there's no fix for the asus pce-n13. What wireless adapter do you guys recommend? I prefer the pci based wireless adapter.

I need a wireless adapter that could run on 64 bit osx lion. what do you guys recommend?

Broadcom BCM94322MC - are supported by default.
Broadcom BCM94322HM8L - are supported by default.
Atheros AR5BXB112 - are supported by default. (11A430e is from.)
Atheros AR5BXB92 - are supported by default.
Atheros AR5BHB92 - are supported by default.
Atheros AR5B93 - are supported by default.

with pcie adapter, which costs cheap from china.

I think Atheros AR5BXB112 AR9380 is the best card which support 450Mbps.
However, it hard to get stock at the moment.

So I pick BCM4322MC now until AR5BXB112 become available.

moarfish said:
I think Atheros AR5BXB112 AR9380 is the best card which support 450Mbps.
However, it hard to get stock at the moment.

So I pick BCM4322MC now until AR5BXB112 become available.

Please tell us if this works. I bought the same card on ebay with the mini-PCI-e adapter and it is not working under 10.6.8. Targeting the Atheros card.

BCM94322MC works under Lion, I bought a non-apple branded one from China and an mPCIe adapter.

ARB series I heard that they only work under 32-bit kernel that Lion stop supporting.

Here's a long running thread on a PCI-e compatible WiFi card. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1143

I've built this card and it works in MacOS X w/o issues. If you spend a lot of time in Windoze, you have to pull the drivers out the Boot Camp section on your retail SL DVD. The thread explains it all.

ok let's say you make your own apple pci wireless adapter but you're not using an airport extreme router. would that still give you 300 mbps? I have a d-link router. I found out that in order to get the desired 300 mbps speed you need to have the same brand of wireless adapter. in my case, I need to have a dlink wireless adapter as well to achieve that speed.

musket said:
Please tell us if this works. I bought the same card on ebay with the mini-PCI-e adapter and it is not working under 10.6.8. Targeting the Atheros card.

The BCM4322 I order is Apple Branded. So I think it should be working.
The card will arrive on Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back