Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm having a weird network issue I can't figure out.

When I'm sending a long stream of data, like voice or playing a video game or anything else that involves sending a lot of data in a stream, i'll get randomly stop transmitting or receiving data for a second or two. When this happens, my network interface is still showing as being connected, however I am unable to ping my router. When i look at the network monitor i see no data being received, I see data being sent, but as far as i can tell the data isn't getting to the other end. Doesn't seem to happen for downloads or anything involving receiving data, just sending.

I have tried this with the internal network card, and a USB network card. Does not happen on any of my other machines. This is getting very irritating as I want to use the machine for live podcasting.

Specs:
Gigabyte z68ma-d2h-b3
i7 2600k
Nvidia GTS 250
8GB RAM
osx 10.6.8

USB adapter: Nexxtech USB Ethernet adapter.

yugosaki said:
I'm having a weird network issue I can't figure out.

When I'm sending a long stream of data, like voice or playing a video game or anything else that involves sending a lot of data in a stream, i'll get randomly stop transmitting or receiving data for a second or two. When this happens, my network interface is still showing as being connected, however I am unable to ping my router. When i look at the network monitor i see no data being received, I see data being sent, but as far as i can tell the data isn't getting to the other end. Doesn't seem to happen for downloads or anything involving receiving data, just sending.

I have tried this with the internal network card, and a USB network card. Does not happen on any of my other machines. This is getting very irritating as I want to use the machine for live podcasting.

Specs:
Gigabyte z68ma-d2h-b3
i7 2600k
Nvidia GTS 250
8GB RAM
osx 10.6.8

USB adapter: Nexxtech USB Ethernet adapter.

I'm having the same problems since updating to 10.6.8

Robe5000 said:
I'm having the same problems since updating to 10.6.8

Interesting... I've never tested this before the 10.6.8 update. I'm going to restore my 10.6.7 backup to a USB drive and run my system from there for awhile to see what happens.

I have a GA-P55-UD5 motherboard (Realtek RTL8111D chip) and am running the Lin2Mac drivers. When I use any FTP program under Lion and transfer over a certain size of data I get a kernel panic and either the Mac "you must press power button to turn off your computer" message or a total immediate reboot. One time it was just a total system lock up.

I suspect the Lin2Mac driver has some bug with Lion. I haven't tried this on my MacBook Pro yet. But there are networking issues for sure. I had no problems under 10.6.8 that I know of.

tofuconfetti said:
I get a kernel panic and either the Mac "you must press power button to turn off your computer" message or a total immediate reboot.
Can you boot verbose to see the actual panic ?

Just an update on my issue: a revert to 10.6.7 seems to solve my problem. Have not tested lion as I have not bought it yet.

Also an update, lion seems to have fixed my issue with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back