Hackintosh CPU+MB+RAM+GPU for under $200
tarunsandhu's Budget Build: i3-540 - ASUS P7P55 LX - GT 220
Lion OSX from App Store - $30
CPU - Intel i3 540 Clarkdale 3.2 Ghz Socket 1156 ($50 open box from Fry's)[/b]
Motherboard - ASUS P7P55 LX LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX
($75 open box Newegg
RAM - CORSAIR XMS 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
GPU - PNY GeForce GT 220 1GB (Newegg $31 Refurbished
Total Cost for CPU+MB+RAM+GPU+OSX Lion = $208 plus CA tax.
HDD - WD Caviar Black 720 GB
Antec PS 450 W
Logitech C270 Webcam
Creative X-fi Platinum Sound Card (not sure if this works on Lion)
Sony DVD RW
First, I'd like to thank all the user's who posted their thoughts and comments and helped to make the hackintosh process as easy as possible. I've been a windows guy for the most part, but I managed to use tony's guide to build my hackintosh.
I wanted a super budget Hackintosh, here's what it took to get the above components working.
1. Updated MB Bios to recommended setting
2. Used tony's unibeast method, booted with USB Lion/Unibeast.
3. Partitioned my HDD into 2 halves for MAC and Windows 7(MS Dos).
4. Installed OSX Lion.
5. Used DSDT from Kext Helper for my MB, worked flawlessly.
6. Confirmed Ethernet/Sound/Graphics worked.
Restarted with USB Unibeast Lion,
7. Booted with Windows 7 DVD.
8. Installed Windows 7 on the 2nd partition (Originally formatted with MS Dos, changed to NTFS).
9. Rebooted with Unibeast USB.
10. Great Success
I have Dual Boot at startup, both Lion and Windows 7 run flawlessly.
It took me a whole weekend to read through forum's to decide on what hardware I needed, I was originally going to go with a Intel i5 plus 1155 socked MB, but that would've easily cost me close to $300 plus additional for RAM+Graphics Card etc.
Thanks again everyone on this forum, you guys have been very supportive with sharing your experiences, which made me come back and contribute too. Cheers..!