Contribute
Register

Z77 mATX Motherboards and OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GA-H77M-D3H has pretty much the same chips as other recommended boards. What am I missing?

it doesnt.
its got via audio, and atheros lan, whereas the chips to go for are realtek for audio (and intel, realtek or even atheros for lan).

I got the audio working, my problems are the dead DIMM slots and the dead LAN port and the three problematic motherboards in a row. No one has any idea what could be going on? <desperately looking for help>

Call Gigabyte...

kduvernay-

when you do your quick installs on the asus p8z77-m pro are we missing any crucial drivers from fakesmc ?

I did the audio and network just like your multibeast settings, but I wanted to know if I should install the motherboard plugins and delete the omsbios (cant remember the exact name) as initially it was hanging me up on my reboot (-x boot only).

I have a good working system, and my geekbench matches yours so I'm pretty content... but just was curious.

Thanks for the great info on these boards!

kduvernay-

when you do your quick installs on the asus p8z77-m pro are we missing any crucial drivers from fakesmc ?
No...

I did the audio and network just like your multibeast settings, but I wanted to know if I should install the motherboard plugins and delete the omsbios (cant remember the exact name) as initially it was hanging me up on my reboot (-x boot only).
No reason to install the plugins unless you want to use HW, if you installed the version in MB you will need to delete the oemsmbios. There are other packages out there that work very well like the one from "koziek", just google.

No...

No reason to install the plugins unless you want to use HW, if you installed the version in MB you will need to delete the oemsmbios. There are other packages out there that work very well like the one from "koziek", just google.

okay thanks. And again thanks for the guide. Pretty easy in all reality, when I thought it was going to be a little more tricky.

You're welcome, enjoy.

Hi,

I just followed the Unibeast/Multibeast guide on my Asus P8Z77 M-Pro/Intel i5 3570K setup and I get this:
photo.JPG

This is my first build so I am not sure where to start troubleshooting. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I can't read the image but I assume you are NOT using the modded bios. if that's correct, load NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in multibeast to get by the KP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back