Contribute
Register

XPS 9550 OSX 10.11.4 full supported ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done for getting full acceleration (qe/ci) without the DVMT patches :D That is why they were necessary but you managed to get it working with the Skylake patch :D. Is this on a 1080p Monitor or the 4k UHD screen though as that is important obviously! In terms of getting bluetooth working I believe you can use FakePCID with a broadcom patch to get that working. Good to know wireless works out of the box as the Broadcom chip used in the Dell XPS 9550 is the same as in the new Macbook I believe. Audio will be difficult as I haven't seen any patches for the specific ALC codec that is used. Optimus blocking, sleep wake and battery status should be achieveable with a DSDT patch! Good luck you are almost there seemingly :D. Also in terms of trackpad driver would it be better to use VoodooPS2 or use the smart trackpad driver from here? http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index....-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x The trackpad is a Synaptics trackpad according to research I did.
It works on internal 4K UHD screen !and I also use the trackpad driver ,it works perfect.i will try to fixed other problem by learn to patch DSDT/SSDT .

It works on internal 4K UHD screen !and I also use the trackpad driver ,it works perfect.i will try to fixed other problem by learn to patch DSDT/SSDT .
That is great news. Remember before patching the DSDT/SSDT to update to the latest BIOS/UEFI. Current version is 01.02.00 A06 http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=KTR76 Updating the UEFI BIOS fixes lots of problems with the laptop especially BIOS UEFI 1.1.15 and above. Version 01.02.00 A06 fixes the fans to be quieter too during idle workloads wich is a plus :p. A tip I read from the internet when you update your BIOS/UEFI you may have to repatch your DSDT/SSDT again due to the changes to the updated BIOS/UEFI.

Hey guys,

i own a 9550 with a couple of upgrades i made
Killer AC1535
32GB ram
512GB 950 Pro ssd

I installed os x on my old inspirion but im a bit rusty and couldnt understand everything you guys wrote on this thread, is it possible that any you guys make a short step by step about installing mac os on the xps 15?
i have UHD version.

im willing to donate for the cause to even make a guide like this possible for the entire community and make it as good as possible for other xps owners!

Thanks in advance if any of you can help :)

Hey guys,

Killer AC1535
32GB ram
512GB 950 Pro ssd

I installed os x on my old inspirion but im a bit rusty and couldnt understand everything you guys wrote on this thread, is it possible that any you guys make a short step by step about installing mac os on the xps 15?
i have UHD version.

im willing to donate for the cause to even make a guide like this possible for the entire community and make it as good as possible for other xps owners!

Firstly welcome to tonymacx86.com you have come to the right place for assistance. I am going to have to give you some bad news you may have to revert one of your upgrades :( The wireless card you have switched out the Broadcom one is natively compatible with OS X meanwhile if my memory serves me correctly the Killer Wireless cards are not compatible with OS X at all. So if you don't mind not having wifi keep the killer card, if you want wifi put the Dell broadcom card back in! In terms of donations you should donate to RehabMan and the-darkvoid and a variety of other people who have made the tools that allow us to hackintosh! As with a step by step tutorial as you can see progress is still being made on getting the XPS 9550 fully working with OS X but it is getting there :D Just be patient and I am sure it should be ready to go by the summer!

Hey guys,

Killer AC1535
32GB ram
512GB 950 Pro ssd

i have UHD version.

Your WiFi is not supported, must be replaced. Details in FAQ.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

That is great news. Remember before patching the DSDT/SSDT to update to the latest BIOS/UEFI. Current version is 01.02.00 A06 http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=KTR76 Updating the UEFI BIOS fixes lots of problems with the laptop especially BIOS UEFI 1.1.15 and above. Version 01.02.00 A06 fixes the fans to be quieter too during idle workloads wich is a plus :p. A tip I read from the internet when you update your BIOS/UEFI you may have to repatch your DSDT/SSDT again due to the changes to the updated BIOS/UEFI.

I had already update the bios to version 01.02.00.

and with RehabMan 's backlight fix patch in dsdt , the prefs scroll bar is working !

but the backlight control fn keys are not working.

I follow this guide
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/111868-dsdt-debugging-tracing-system-log.html
and find in system.log that my laptop light control keys execute the same method “_Q66”.

Code:
ACPIDebug: "EC _Q66 enter"

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "EC _Q66 enter"

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "nevt enter"

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: { "ecg1=", 0x800, }

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: { "ecgd=", 0x0, }

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "ev4 enter"

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "wmnf enter"

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: { "swev enter arg0=", 0x800, }

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "EC _Q66 exit"

then I follow the guide
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292800-dsdt-debuggingtracing-to-systemlog/page-3

and found that methods call stacks should be

Code:
_Q66 -> nevt -> ev4 -> wmf -> swev -> _wed -> wasp -> wvcu

but actually call stacks when I debug at my laptop are

Code:
_Q66 -> nevt -> ev4 -> wmf -> swev

and the _wed NEVER called.
so I cannot find args to diff from light up and light down .

Is my dsdt have bugs or anything else wrong ?

View attachment xps9550acpi.zip

I had already update the bios to version 01.02.00.

and with RehabMan 's backlight fix patch in dsdt , the prefs scroll bar is working !

but the backlight control fn keys are not working.

I follow this guide
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/111868-dsdt-debugging-tracing-system-log.html
and find in system.log that my laptop light control keys execute the same method “_Q66”.

Code:

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "EC _Q66 enter"

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "nevt enter"

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: { "ecg1=", 0x800, }

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: { "ecgd=", 0x0, }

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "ev4 enter"

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "wmnf enter"

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: { "swev enter arg0=", 0x800, }

18/4/16 4:29:56.000 PM kernel[0]: ACPIDebug: "EC _Q66 exit"

then I follow the guide
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292800-dsdt-debuggingtracing-to-systemlog/page-3

and found that methods call stacks should be

Code:
_Q66 -> nevt -> ev4 -> wmf -> swev -> _wed -> wasp -> wvcu

but actually call stacks when I debug at my laptop are

Code:
_Q66 -> nevt -> ev4 -> wmf -> swev

and the _wed NEVER called.
so I cannot find args to diff from light up and light down .

Is my dsdt have bugs or anything else wrong ?

View attachment 185613

Looking at the code...

In NEVT check what Local0 is before the call EV4.

Make sure you patch _OSI to simulate a recent version of Windows ("OS Check Fix" patches).

Looks to me like you should eventually end up in SMIE->SMEE->EV5->BRT6, as BRT6 does the Notify with 0x86 or 0x87 (which are brightness up/down for Windows).

Looking at the code...

In NEVT check what Local0 is before the call EV4.

Make sure you patch _OSI to simulate a recent version of Windows ("OS Check Fix" patches).

Looks to me like you should eventually end up in SMIE->SMEE->EV5->BRT6, as BRT6 does the Notify with 0x86 or 0x87 (which are brightness up/down for Windows).

Thank you !

I finally get backlight control fn keys working.

I use your "OS Check Fix (Windows 8)" patch , but it not works for my dsdt.
So I check the sourcecode and find out it define os with this slice

Code:
    Name (W98S, "Microsoft Windows")
    Name (NT5S, "Microsoft Windows NT")
    Name (WINM, "Microsoft WindowsME: Millennium Edition")
    Name (WXP, "Windows 2001")
    Name (WLG, "Windows 2006")
    Name (WIN7, "Windows 2009")
    Name (WIN8, "Windows 2012")
    Name (WN81, "Windows 2013")
    Name (LINX, "Linux")

so I add a new define below them

Code:
Name (OSX, "Darwin")

and alter the line
Code:
 If (_OSI (WN81))

to
Code:
 If (LOr (_OSI (OSX), _OSI (WN81)))

then reboot and find it enter BRT6 method

and arg0=0x1 equals light up , arg0=0x2 equals light down .

because I use Elan driver ,so I change BRT6 to

Code:
        Method (BRT6, 2, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
            {
                Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x10)
            }

If (And (Arg0, 0x02))
            {
                Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x20)
            }
        }

after I reboot the laptop, the fn keys works normally with "sun icons".

There are still little problems about Fn keys.

1) Fn + wifi switch = show sun icons and light up
2) Fn + Insert (next to wifi switch key) = screen turn black and cannot turn light again , must press the power key to force shutdown.

and alter the line
Code:
 If (_OSI (WN81))

to
Code:
 If (LOr (_OSI (OSX), _OSI (WN81)))

That works, but I would probably use the _OSI->XOSI patch + SSDT-XOSI.aml.

See config_patches.plist and SSDT-XOSI.dsl in the USBInjectAll repo. Or (similar content) in the config plist repo (in hotpatch directory) that is linked from the main guide.

There are still little problems about Fn keys.

1) Fn + wifi switch = show sun icons and light up
2) Fn + Insert (next to wifi switch key) = screen turn black and cannot turn light again , must press the power key to force shutdown.

You can use ACPIDebug to further debug your EC query and related methods: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug

That works, but I would probably use the _OSI->XOSI patch + SSDT-XOSI.aml.See config_patches.plist and SSDT-XOSI.dsl in the USBInjectAll repo. Or (similar content) in the config plist repo (in hotpatch directory) that is linked from the main guide.You can use ACPIDebug to further debug your EC query and related methods: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug
thank you ! I will try to fix other Fn keys mapping later.Where is the start point to patch audio ? I have read many posts find by google , but most for skylake desktop .follow the http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...s-13-9350-cant-install-8.html#post1205885does not work for xps 9550. I found its audio card is ALC3266, it seems not surported by orgin driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back