Contribute
Register

Wolfies BeQuiet Mac Pro 2013 (G5 mod)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This looks fantastic!! And I see you are using a whole lot of products from my company. Love to see this! I was just about to send a private message to you but I couldn't due to my new registration.

Looking forward to see more pics,

Chris

@ Dschijin, As expected it does not fit, with a bit of cutting and adapting I can sure make it work but its not worth the hassle. Ill keep the panel as one day in the medium/long term when its time to overhaul my system, I may consider other options. At the moment im stoked how quiet the system with this cooler and do not want to sacrifice that for other pump/air systems.

@BQ Chris, thanks very much! I took a bit of a gamble on the BeQueit company because A) its a newer company and B) Im in Australia and as your well aware, getting anything from BQ outside of USA or Europe is a nightmare. I suggest you guys expand out here. I took a risk and hoped I would not have hardware issues as I ordered my products from NCIX in Canada and sent here (at a substantial shipping cost!). Quietness of my system was my number 1 priority. If you have any questions shoot me a email at [email protected]

Take a look at my link below on my system post for any more details. Products from BQ :

750W Dark Power Pro (hidden under the acrylic cover on the floor of G5)
3X 140mm Silent Wings 2 ( 2x at the front and 1 sitting just above the GPU where I created a cutout in the top shelf to blow air straight onto the GPU
1X 120mm Silent Wings 2 exit rear case fan
Dark Rock Pro 2

For your curiosity, I ended up plugging all fans except the CPU Cooler fans straight into the power supply. Unsure what RPM it spins, it seems slow enough to not create sound. The largest sound is the GPU fans which annoys me (even if its pretty quiet as is), want to create a GPU 3rd party kit??

Sorry for the bad photos, DSLR shots will be up in about 2 weeks.

On a unrelated note, I didn't want to wait for my fan filters to arrive (they can go into another system) so I decided to create my own which gives it a more professional look.

After much measuring and scoring the acrylic, I created the frame and then attached 2 layers of aluminium fly screen mesh. One layer was vertical, the other at 45 degrees to create a finer dust filter.

Put it into the computer and there we go.
The mesh is actually dark black but the photo with the flash really brightened it up, it isnt what its normally like though.

screenshot272.jpgscreenshot271.jpg

Looking good so far, but as for those pictures...

My iPhone4 takes much better pictures than those. I think you might have a problem I had for a while - your CASE might be interfering with the images. I was having a light leak (a blurred spot) and also a tint until I remembered that I had changed the case recently. I put the old case back on and my clarity returned. Try removing your case and cleaning the lens, also don't point the light source into the lens, move your case to better take in the lighting.

Looking good so far, but as for those pictures...

My iPhone4 takes much better pictures than those. I think you might have a problem I had for a while - your CASE might be interfering with the images. I was having a light leak (a blurred spot) and also a tint until I remembered that I had changed the case recently. I put the old case back on and my clarity returned. Try removing your case and cleaning the lens, also don't point the light source into the lens, move your case to better take in the lighting.

Take pictures OUTSIDE and during the day as well, just doing that will improve the quality dramatically.

Jeffinslaw

Thanks for the tips. I am using the phone naked, without a case, nada.

I took your advice and took some shots outside and it did improve it quite a fair bit but not really *that good*. I will be uploading to DSLR shots next weekend (when I go home) for final pictures. Stay tuned.

PHOTOS UP!

Finally got around to using my DSLR.

Job isnt finished, but its pretty close. I have now added a Evga 780 Classified GPU in there instead of my Zotac 660.

I gotta say the 780 pumps out alot of hot air even in idle so Im glad I have the fans that I do...
You can also see the mess of the cables and how the panels hide it ever so nicely.

Check out the pics, lots of work (and money) has gone into it and I gotta say im pleased with the outcome.

Questions, let me know.
I dont know what the BeQuiet overclocking thing/switch is all about that I connected at the back, so if anyone has a clue do help me out.

screenshot301.jpgscreenshot286.jpgscreenshot302.jpgscreenshot303.jpgscreenshot304.jpgscreenshot305.jpgscreenshot306.jpgscreenshot307.jpgscreenshot308.jpgscreenshot300.jpgscreenshot298.jpgscreenshot297.jpg

Attachments

• screenshot287.jpg
    screenshot287.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 299
  • screenshot288.jpg
    screenshot288.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 256
  • screenshot289.jpg
    screenshot289.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 277
  • screenshot290.jpg
    screenshot290.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 275
  • screenshot291.jpg
    screenshot291.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 281
  • screenshot293.jpg
    screenshot293.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 245
  • screenshot295.jpg
    screenshot295.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 305
  • screenshot296.jpg
    screenshot296.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 266
  • screenshot309.jpg
    screenshot309.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 342
…I gotta say the 780 pumps out alot of hot air even in idle so Im glad I have the fans that I do...
You can also see the mess of the cables and how the panels hide it ever so nicely.

I've always thought that nvidia reference cards would be more ideal for G5 / Mac Pro builds because they force more air out of the case, even though aftermarket cards have ideally better cooling solutions. Beautiful build either way, I really love the all black aesthetic that you've got going on inside the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back