Contribute
Register

VGA out

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, if you want to place the "Displays" menu item on the menu bar, like you could with an option in Display Prefs in Lion, do the following:

- In finder use Go -> Go To Folder...
- type the following: /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras
- find Displays.menu in the list
- double-click it

Result: You'll now have a display picker on the menu bar. I don't have an external monitor at the ready right now, so I can't be sure what, if anything, will show there, but it is a start.

I tried to restart my laptop after i connected the vga cable, or put into sleep but nothing changed. I put the display selection icon on the menu but there is nothing in it. I also try to force detect my monitor but it didn't find anything. (I tested with a tv, 2 monitors and a projector with different cables). I will try with the newest probook installer tomorrow.

P.S. how can i get rid of the display selection icon on the menu bar?

I tried to restart my laptop after i connected the vga cable, or put into sleep but nothing changed. I put the display selection icon on the menu but there is nothing in it. I also try to force detect my monitor but it didn't find anything. (I tested with a tv, 2 monitors and a projector with different cables). I will try with the newest probook installer tomorrow.

Definitely try the latest. It depends on which AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext you have.

P.S. how can i get rid of the display selection icon on the menu bar?

I believe you Cmd(Alt)+drag it off.

Tried the new probook installer still a no go...

Thanks for the tip alt+drag was the solution! :)

Tried the new probook installer still a no go...

Thanks for the tip alt+drag was the solution! :)

Make sure when you test VGA that your monitor/tv is:
- powered up (I know, obvious, but you'd be surprised)
- if it has multiple inputs, be sure it is set to the VGA input that your ProBook is connected to

And if it doesn't work, then I'm all out of ideas. Could be differences between models. Or sensitivity to certain monitors. I used mine with a Dell u2410 without problem on both VGA and HDMI.

It was turned on, and has only one input. I tried today with a different monitor and still no go :(

It was turned on, and has only one input. I tried today with a different monitor and still no go :(

Does it work under Windows? Cable issue?

There... now I'm really all out of ideas...

I put back my windows drive and booted into Windows 7 and the VGA out was fine! It detected my monitor and after i logged in there was my extended desktop. Put back the mac hdd and the VGA output is dead again. It certanly not a hardware issue, its something software related :(

Edit:
After the above I noticed the "new" 5b8 probook installer (I used 5b7 before). I selected the necessary stuff and do a reboot my VGA out came alive! \o/

Hello !!
I have HP4530s i5 with a intel HD3000 512MB and VGA out and HDMI its working on mountin lion 13.8.2.
The only thing that there is not a "detected screens botton" in mountin lion and I miss it a lot. My job is video veejay and inch I unpluget VGA wire o HDMI wire, I need to reset laptop to get again VGA and HDMI. Also when I change the resolution, I lose the VGA out and HDMI and I need to restart again to get images in the screens. Ohh !! thats is a big problem for me...and I dont know if in other before operative system can be the "detected screens botton" is the only thing that I miss a lot

Hold down the 'option' key (usually, left-Windows key on our keyboard) when in SysPrefs -> Displays, and 'Detect Displays' button will appear.

ok ...I instaled unibeast with 10.8.2 and then I update 10.8.3 . After I instaled ho probook instaler 6.1 beta. I repair permit on the hdd by pendrive but When I restart the laptop unfortunalty operative system can not go on. But I find a solution in the boot -x
Then my computer turn on perfectly .....so -x I dont have any idea what, is it but now its a god for me........ok second round
I tested the VGA and HDMI and they dont work well. Firstly VGA work unstill I use "detected displays botton" or I change the resolution. after that arrive the problems. VGA came down but only puting stand by lapopt and restarting VGA go on with the new resolution. So I say my self, Its not very profesional but I can work veejay with. But When I pluged the HDMI togueter... Some new errors in the graphic screen.

Also I dont have audio, wifi and bluetooth nether. I decided to install drivers for multibeast. I repair HDD and now its imposible to restart my computer. The boot do a loop ......and I dont know how I can repair ..Any idea?? Also I read some one who say that with Lion hp4530s work perfectly with boot displays VGA and HDMI toguether. Its true? Im thinking to change at Lion. Do you recomend it?

Follow the guide for installing 10.8.2: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/77057-guide-installing-mountain-lion-hp-probook.html

Then update to 10.8.3 using the information from this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/92636-mountain-lion-update-10-8-3-released.html

Stay away from Multibeast... It will just get you in trouble.

WiFi will only work if you have Atheros. If you don't, you need to replace the card with Atheros. See FAQ for model#, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back