i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So i was one of the first using Tony's methods on my ud2 (bought it especially for hacking).

what i found out is that im getting Kernal panics when i connect a usb stick, but only after the mac has slept and woke up again. if its a fresh boot it works.

updated bios, using tonies dsdt with all teh nice tweaks edited.

anyone got an idea?

I'm having a very related to issue with my keyboard and mouse also. I never made the connection that it happens after waking from sleep, but I did notice that whatever caused the crash works fine after reboot. I've been discussing my problems over in this thread (http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=79#p79 - link to my post), so you might want to check that out.

Qpertino said:
Yoyellow, did you repair your pemissions?
Qpertino, I'm having the same issue as Yoyellow - I ran the repair permissions job this morning. It found incorrect permissions on /usr/share/derby (which according to a quick Google search is a symbolic link for something java related), and ARDAgent was wrong too but it said it would not not repair it. Neither of these jump out at me as something related to the KP's, but I've seen weirder things :?

These were the messages in Disk Utility (note I didn't copy them from my output because I was in a little bit of a rush this morning, but these definitely look like what I saw):

Permissions differ on "usr/share/derby", should be drwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x . (It said it repaired this.)

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

sakasune said:
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

I googled this and it's on the list of snow leopard error messages you don't need to worry about. happened to me too.

hey guys,

has anybody found a solutioin for this usb-problem?
got the same board as tony (UD2 / F5), and after sleep some usb ports aren't recognized anymore. most of the time the devices at the usb hubs doesn't work anymore...
really annoying... after restart everythings fine again.

greets
carver

carver said:
hey guys,

has anybody found a solutioin for this usb-problem?
got the same board as tony (UD2 / F5), and after sleep some usb ports aren't recognized anymore. most of the time the devices at the usb hubs doesn't work anymore...
really annoying... after restart everythings fine again.

greets
carver

hey, check out my thread - I think I got the problem fixed. Tony posted his DSDT, boot, and Extra/ in a zip file. I tried putting them on the EFI partition, but I may have been trying too many things at once. If you have tried moving the files to the EFI partition, you should just replace them where they are. I managed to get it back in working order last night and now it doesn't seem to be crashing anymore after sleep. I posted (not so detailed) instructions on my last post, but if you have any questions just reply here or on that thread. Oh and I think tony recommends upgrading the BIOS to the latest version (F7c)

thx for your advice!
... so i updated my bios to f7, but now i got another problem:
it boots normally, but when the desktop should come up my monitors turn into standby.
if i press the louder buttons i can hear the sounds, but no picture.
got a gtx 260 - what can i do? tried diffenrent methods of booting but no success.
(-v -x -f etc)

EDIT
- switched back to f5, still no picture. what happened... need to reinstall?

Oops, didn't realize you had a different video card - forgot that tony's DSDT has config for the 9400GT. Do you have tony's boot CD or can you boot off the installation DVD? I think you'll have to put your DSDT back. If you have tony's boot CD you might be able to use it to boot into your installation and replace the file, otherwise you'll have to use the terminal from the installation DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back