Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi GuyPicks,
Are you running Yosemite? Which boot loader are you using? Chimera or Clover? Glad the build is working well for you.

I'm running Yosemite and I tried to install over it with El Capitan USB stick and failed. Now I can't boot up at all.
I used UniBeast 6.20 to build the USB and loaded El Capitan but now it won't boot at all.

I'm running Yosemite and I tried to install over it with El Capitan USB stick and failed. Now I can't boot up at all.
I used UniBeast 6.20 to build the USB and loaded El Capitan but now it won't boot at all.

I wanted to warn you about transitioning from Chimera to Clover and Yosemite to El Capitan before you updated since it is not a straight forward upgrade procedure, there are certain kexts to delete from /S/L/E. At this point I'm not sure how recoverable your system drive is or to try and get a successful boot. You could install El Capitan to a clean drive and migrate user and apps only. Then possibly remove the conflicting kexts/Chimera and boot with Clover into El Capitan on your original drive.
Some useful links:
Clover Basics and Switching Advice | tonymacx86.com
Explaining OS X El Capitan Security Changes - Workarounds and ...

Thanks wild willow, I do have Windows 10 on another drive in the same system.
I can try working with the kexts that way or will this work at all?

Thanks wild willow, I do have Windows 10 on another drive in the same system.
I can try working with the kexts that way or will this work at all?
You can do this although you'll require a cross platform reader such as Paragon. I've used this on a Mac to recover a server drive using Ext4 file system to recover data. This will work in the Windows environment to read Mac HFS+ file system. Usually there is a free trial of the software so if you check out the links I posted and work out what you need to remove from /S/L/E you should be able to get your system back up with OS X 10.11.X

I do actually have paragon and can read Mac files I saved some of my important files today.
I'm going to try to reload El Capitan tonight as a fresh install.
Thanks for the help.

You can do this although you'll require a cross platform reader such as Paragon. I've used this on a Mac to recover a server drive using Ext4 file system to recover data. This will work in the Windows environment to read Mac HFS+ file system. Usually there is a free trial of the software so if you check out the links I posted and work out what you need to remove from /S/L/E you should be able to get your system back up with OS X 10.11.X

Ok, this may sound dense but what is /S/L/E ?

I have this same mono on mavericks 10.9.4 w chimera
Is there any instructions to go straight to El capitan and clover

I have this same mono on mavericks 10.9.4 w chimera
Is there any instructions to go straight to El capitan and clover
There is documentary migrating from Chimera to Clover also from Mavericks/Yosemite(without SIP) to El Capitan(With SIP). Check out these threads Migrating from Chimera to Clover | tonymacx86.com
Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover | tonymacx86.com Its easier to install from fresh and migrate your User folder and Apps over. Don't migrate everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back