Contribute
Register

Updated 2013-08-16: MacMan's Haswell Test Build: Core i7-4770K + GA-Z87X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
-I decided to start over by wiping clean the disc and reinstalling the Mavericks OS from the USB stick.
-I got audio to work by going to TailChaser build and using these settings:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/tailchaser/albums/customac-pro-2013/73105-multibeast.png
Important here is that I changed my system definition to iMac 14,2

-I installed a graphics card instead of using DVI out of the motherboard DVI port.

-In bios i loaded optimized defaults, made the PCIe first display device, disabled Intel graphics and used the P0 Samsung EVO SSD boot priority instead of UEFI. It booted once perfectly and then reverted back to needing -x to boot.

I just got it to boot by going to (Success) Dasdf's Build and learning to disable VT-d and Wake on Lan. IT JUST BOOTED TWICE IN A ROW WITH NO PROBLEM.

I have an identical build, and it has worked out almost perfectly, except for one tough little problem. If you attempt to play an iTunes movie trailer, the system does a hard lockup, and not even the reset button will restart it, it requires the power button to be pressed for a few seconds. I'm a pretty experienced hackintosh builder, been in it since 2006. I don't need anybody to try and diagnose my problem, I've tried dozens of different fixes. What I would like to ask, is if you have the same setup, that is the same motherboard and CPU, can you play an iTunes movie trailer?

Mavericks 10.9 Retail
GA-Z87X-UD5H (tried both F7 and F8c BIOS)
Core i7-4770K
16GB RAM, 8GBx2 (also tried 8GB, 4GBx2)

Thanks so much for any feedback!

I have an identical build, and it has worked out almost perfectly, except for one tough little problem. If you attempt to play an iTunes movie trailer, the system does a hard lockup, and not even the reset button will restart it, it requires the power button to be pressed for a few seconds. I'm a pretty experienced hackintosh builder, been in it since 2006. I don't need anybody to try and diagnose my problem, I've tried dozens of different fixes. What I would like to ask, is if you have the same setup, that is the same motherboard and CPU, can you play an iTunes movie trailer?

Mavericks 10.9 Retail
GA-Z87X-UD5H (tried both F7 and F8c BIOS)
Core i7-4770K
16GB RAM, 8GBx2 (also tried 8GB, 4GBx2)

Thanks so much for any feedback!

I just tried it and they play fine. One difference and I don't know if it is significant is that in addition to the Quicktime player that comes with the OS, I have Quicktime Pro 7 installed. My CPU is the 4770, not the 4770K model and i have the 32 gig memory sticks recommended on the buyer's guide. Right now the graphics card is a GT640. These are the only differences I can think of. It was a bit of a bear getting the correct bios settings however. I had to disable the wake on lan and also because it was not a "K" processor the VT-d option to get a proper boot.

@VideoLasVegas,

Thanks for the feedback. I can't disable that option in the BIOS with the 4770K, it is greyed out, but shown as enabled, but in any case the 4770K doesn't have VT-d. I have also tried using the dart=0 flag, and that doesn't affect the the problem. I tried installing the Quicktime 7 Pro package and that didn't solve the problem either. Will continue to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back