Contribute
Register

Unibeast USB stick not booting (Lenovo B5400)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! :)

After almost 2 years (!) since my first attempts, I managed to find time to try again. This time, I followed the Clover Guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I managed to boot into Clover, Yosemite shows up, and I tried to boot it.

The black loading screen with the Apple came up, and eventually (after +/- 30 mins) got stuck exactly in the middle of the white loading bar.

I tried again, this time in Verbose mode, and here is where it stuck. Could you please help me?

PS. I was very happy that I actually didn't get stuck on a Local APIC error this time :D

Attachments

• IMG_20160711_115044_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160711_115044_HDR.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 143
Hello! :)

After almost 2 years (!) since my first attempts, I managed to find time to try again. This time, I followed the Clover Guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I managed to boot into Clover, Yosemite shows up, and I tried to boot it.

The black loading screen with the Apple came up, and eventually (after +/- 30 mins) got stuck exactly in the middle of the white loading bar.

I tried again, this time in Verbose mode, and here is where it stuck. Could you please help me?

PS. I was very happy that I actually didn't get stuck on a Local APIC error this time :D

What version of OS X? From where did you download OS X? On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

What version of OS X? From where did you download OS X? On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Thank you for the response, RehabMan! :)

The installer is for 10.10

I downloaded it from the App Store on my parents' 2007 iMac running OS X Lion (I used the BaseBinaries method to copy the installer). Also, I made the stick in GPT format as the MBR option gave me an error of a "not recognized filesystem".

Here is the Clover folder

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 95
Thank you for the response, RehabMan! :)

The installer is for 10.10

I downloaded it from the App Store on my parents' 2007 iMac running OS X Lion (I used the BaseBinaries method to copy the installer). Also, I made the stick in GPT format as the MBR option gave me an error of a "not recognized filesystem".

Here is the Clover folder

If you download 10.10 now, you should get 10.10.5, not 10.10.0.

If you download 10.10 now, you should get 10.10.5, not 10.10.0.

Yes, but the installer was already on iMac, I didn't download it now. If it might make a difference, I can download it again :)

Yes, but the installer was already on iMac, I didn't download it now. If it might make a difference, I can download it again :)

Download fresh copy of 10.10.5.

Download fresh copy of 10.10.5.

Done. I'm still getting the same screen (attached). Clover folder (no themes) also attached
IMG_20160715_122734.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 105
Looks like a USB problem. Try all USB ports, both with USB2 and USB3 flash drives.

Could really be. I used a 64GB USB 3.0 drive. I have one more USB 2.0 drive with 16GB. Will it do, or does it have to be specifically 8GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back