Contribute
Register

Unable to boot into OS X with bootloaders in Lenovo Z570

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried that. But when i am selecting the windows bootable USB it will stuck on the screen with a cursor on the left upper end.

Thanks,
Jithin Chandran

Make sure you're booting it in UEFI mode (from Clover), not legacy.

You may have to install Windows in legacy mode...

Hi RehabMan,
My BIOS is legacy bios. No options are available in the name "UEFI" inside the bios.

Thanks,
Jithin Chandran

I'm talking about the options afforded to you for booting the Windows Installer within Clover.

Ok. That means i have to create a UEFI bootable USB for windows. So i can boot the installer through clover.Am i right.?

Thanks,
Jithin Chandran

That would be the idea. Your BIOS doesn't have UEFI services, but if you load the Windows installer via Clover, those services are provided by Clover. Then you can (in theory) install Windows letting it think your computer is UEFI capable. The final install is then bootable via Clover in UEFI mode.

If that doesn't work, then you do the opposite: Install Windows in legacy mode (will need an MBR/GPT hybrid) by booting the Windows installer directly from BIOS. Then enable legacy boot from Clover so you can boot Windows in legacy mode.

I do have the same laptop and i want to install mac 10.10 some please send me the kexts and dsdt you are using and i have laptop with core i5 2nd gen model.

And send me the steps how to install it.

I have installed 10.10 in it but i have to boot with usb to boot in mac or windows. I have used GTP and two partitions one for mac and other for windows.
Without usb i get intel pxe.... error and dont even boot to windows.

Can u please suggest the steps to post install.
I tried the clover but after booting into mac it wont and restarts.
May be something is missing so please tell me the steps.
And how to patch the Dsdt.

Thnx for the help...

Hey can u help me how to create dsdt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back