Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, does anyone know how can we deliberately toggle (built-in) bluetooth? For example, I have a bluetooth headset paired with both HackBook and iPad, which, be design catch the first device it can. Thus, if I want to switch from my HackBook to my iPad, I really need to turn off bluetooth on my HackBook.
Thank you in advance

You can't. Even if you switch it off at bios, OSX still can "see" it.

Do a search here for a "taped" solution.

I am not sure whether I can turn it off in BIOS, but to My knowledge, I can turn it off if I manage to boot to Ubuntu, and then when I am back to OSX, the OS says it is off by hardware or something like that. How does it sound?

Goodness...please use the search function.
This topic is well covered. You can disable the built in bluetooth using a different kext posted in this topic

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 6&start=90

there I found it for ya :D

no need to destroy you bluetooth chip with tape etc... :)

ovb1 said:
Goodness...please use the search function.
This topic is well covered. You can disable the built in bluetooth using a different kext posted in this topic

http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 6&start=90

there I found it for ya :D

no need to destroy you bluetooth chip with tape etc... :)
Thank you for your link. Correct me if I am wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, you have to rebuild kext and reboot in order (only) to disable or enable bluetooth. If it is the case, certainly it is not what I WERE TALKING ABOUT, which is turning it on/off, i.e. toggle it.

here, the activate box is checked and it's gray, i can't deselect, so my bluetooth (that is in same card as wifi) keeps on.
waiting for a suggestion...

ovb1 said:
Ah. Apologies. Can't it be disabled in system preferences?
I indeed don't know what your SP looks like, but my SP is just as the same as lequibao's
lequibao said:
here, the activate box is checked and it's gray, i can't deselect, so my bluetooth (that is in same card as wifi) keeps on.
waiting for a suggestion...
PS: Chào b?n B?o!

@UP, well mine too, we are glad that the bluetooth wors at all, but we yet (i hope) can't turn it or/off on a working system.

Does toggling bluetooth visibility solve your problem ? headset should not pick up "hidden" bluetooth :)

Here is my pref panel for bt, try un-ticking "Discoverable"

Attachments

• 2012-06-26 08.53.10 am.png
    2012-06-26 08.53.10 am.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 670
riodoro1 said:
@UP, well mine too, we are glad that the bluetooth wors at all, but we yet (i hope) can't turn it or/off on a working system.

Does toggling bluetooth visibility solve your problem ? headset should not pick up "hidden" bluetooth :)

Here is my pref panel for bt, try un-ticking "Discoverable"
Oh, I did not mention, did I, that my "Discoverable" is at all time unchecked, whether I am using my bluetooth headset or not. To the best of my knowledge, "D.." is only for those who seeks to pair with our HackBook. If there are some devices already paired, it will connect unless we can uncheck the "On", not "D.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back