Contribute
Register

Trouble with HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Thanks for you help. I could not try until now.

It sounds like you are using chameleon and not chimera.

I am using chimera. Installed via multibeast ( also checked during boot menu just for sure :))

That's a bit weird and points to a kernel cache problem (probably). You should run DPCIManager and rebuild cache. Check for errors from kextcache. Fix as necessary (or report them here).

Rebuilding cache did not change anything. How do I check errors from kextcache? I dmesg didn't have any. Booting -f -v I could read 'kextd is currently unavailable' but it was too fast to get anything else.

RehabMan said:
Since you can get to the desktop, download and run MaciASL. Then add my patch repo per instructions in the readme: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

MaciASL will load your system DSDT. Attempt to compile it. If you have errors, fix them, or ask for help here (post the DSDT).

Compiling it got the following:

warnings:
- "Use of compiler reservedd name (_T_0)" - five times
- Not all control paths return a value(SX45)
- unknown reserved name (_WED) - four times

errors:
- "Invalid object type for reserved name (Found BUFFER, requires Package" - 6 times

I've attached the generated DSDT. I will try to fix them as I have time.

Again, thank you very much.

Attachments

• System DSDT.zip
    32.2 KB · Views: 162
Rebuilding cache did not change anything. How do I check errors from kextcache? I dmesg didn't have any. Booting -f -v I could read 'kextd is currently unavailable' but it was too fast to get anything else.

If there were errors, you'd see them in the DPCIManager log window.

Compiling it got the following:

warnings:
- "Use of compiler reservedd name (_T_0)" - five times
- Not all control paths return a value(SX45)
- unknown reserved name (_WED) - four times

errors:
- "Invalid object type for reserved name (Found BUFFER, requires Package" - 6 times

I've attached the generated DSDT. I will try to fix them as I have time.

Again, thank you very much.

Only thing you need to fix are the errors. Use the "Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error" from my patch repo.

The only thing I am not is expected I saw at DPCIManager was: "/ no supported partitions to update".

During verbose boot I used a phone to take screenshots and looks like I am closer to find out why the HD 4000 did not work :). Please see attached.

Attachments

• hd4000-errors.jpg
    hd4000-errors.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 339
Used your instructions and compiled the DSDT. HD4000 working now :)

Many thanks!

PS. The rename patch generated compiler errors, so I left it out.

Post your DSDT and I'll see if I can improve my rename patch. It is a tricky one to make generic...

Do you know which kext supports Realtek ALC3223 audio controller, if any?

You'd have to google. You're looking for a patched AppleHDA... Or to make your own (very involved).

Working DSDT attached.

About the audio, no luck finding anything about it. I guess I will call it a day. Getting graphics to work was good enough for today :)

Thanks. Added a bit more patching for the rename. Retry and you should be successful with that patch now...

Hi. Retried your patch. It compiled fine and the system loaded.

Not sure if still related to Intel HD 4000: When I put system to shutdown/restart, after some time on the grey screen, it goes completely black, so I get about 20-30s of black screen and the shutdown completes.

About the audio: VoodooHDA 2.8.4 did not work for me at first. But booting with -f loads it. Rebuilding cache with DCPIManager does not fix that. Manually rebuilding cache also did not work.

The thing suspicious on -v booting log is:
Super IODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ITE sequence ID=0x8572, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff ( which I saw you saying on other thread it is harmless)

Leaving UseKernelCache=No for now.

PS: Isn't there a way to make older thread links to redirect? When searching for something is common finding a link e.g. How to change chimera default partition, but clicking it redirects to home page.

Thanks for your support!

Hi. Retried your patch. It compiled fine and the system loaded.

Not sure if still related to Intel HD 4000: When I put system to shutdown/restart, after some time on the grey screen, it goes completely black, so I get about 20-30s of black screen and the shutdown completes.

It is normal to get a gray screen (and spinner) before shutdown.

About the audio: VoodooHDA 2.8.4 did not work for me at first. But booting with -f loads it. Rebuilding cache with DCPIManager does not fix that. Manually rebuilding cache also did not work.

I don't recommend VoodooHDA. If you do use it, you should remove AppleHDA.

The thing suspicious on -v booting log is:
Super IODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ITE sequence ID=0x8572, Winbond sequence ID=0xffff ( which I saw you saying on other thread it is harmless)

Harmless. It is just LPCSensors.kext saying it doesn't support your chipset.

PS: Isn't there a way to make older thread links to redirect? When searching for something is common finding a link e.g. How to change chimera default partition, but clicking it redirects to home page.

Are you finding legacy links via google or something?

If someone has a broken link in a post, then there's nothing you can do...

It is normal to get a gray screen (and spinner) before shutdown.

The grey screen I know. What meant is that after a short time on grey screen, it goes completely black as if the display was turned off way before the laptop shutdown.

I don't recommend VoodooHDA. If you do use it, you should remove AppleHDA.

Could not find a working AppleHDA, someone pointed out that Voodoo worked. This a temporary solution. I will get back to audio once everything else is working.

Are you finding legacy links via google or something?

Actually using the top search box on this site sometimes results in broken links, too. But mostly threads linking to old stuff.
e.g. 2nd post of http://www.tonymacx86.com/general/50715-setting-default-partition-boot.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back