Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151
Graphics
MSA RADEON RX580 gaming X
I just built a CustoMac Pro based on the buyers guide but I'm having a lot of trouble with the graphics.
the build went perfectly, install went fine and I'm booted into OSX El Capitan without the usb, my problem is, I can only use one monitor and my graphics are glitchy.
I'm using the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 950 Windforce which was in the recommended parts list.

can anyone help me resolve this issue?

thank you
-Josh

I just built a CustoMac Pro based on the buyers guide but I'm having a lot of trouble with the graphics.
the build went perfectly, install went fine and I'm booted into OSX El Capitan without the usb, my problem is, I can only use one monitor and my graphics are glitchy.
I'm using the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 950 Windforce which was in the recommended parts list.

can anyone help me resolve this issue?

thank you
-Josh

Did you install the Nvidia alternate drivers? They're necessary for full support of your graphics card.

Did you install the Nvidia alternate drivers? They're necessary for full support of your graphics card.

I did install them but it doesn't seem to help.

I thought maybe the card was the issue so I returned it and got the EVGA GeForce GTX 960 but after installing that i'm still not having any luck.

OS X doesn't seem to recognize that the card is even installed.
I am connected through the card and have one monitor working but under system profiler it shows only 8mb of vRam. the attached screenshot shows this

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 10.41.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 10.41.50 AM.png
    495 KB · Views: 200
under system profiler it shows only 8mb of vRam.

This is usually caused by injecting in your config.plist when you don't need to.

Use Clover Configurator to edit your config.plist and uncheck the box for NVidia injection.

This is usually caused by injecting in your config.plist when you don't need to.

Use Clover Configurator to edit your config.plist and uncheck the box for NVidia injection.

Inject NVidia wasn't checked but inject Intel was for some reason. I'll uncheck and restart.
I'll let you know what happens shortly.

Edit:
Turning off Inject didn't seem to help either.

Last edited:
The Nvidia WebDriver isn't enabled. Do this by adding the boot argument "nvda_drv=1" to your config.plist.
I'll try that.
Can you please tell me where/how to enter it in the plist?

sorry for the amateur question, I just want to make sure this goes in the right place.

I have been on chameleon for the last few years and am new to clover

The Nvidia WebDriver isn't enabled. Do this by adding the boot argument "nvda_drv=1" to your config.plist.

ok, I enabled nvda_drv=1 and now when the computer gets past the apple logo screen goes black. I can hear the volume keys working but can not see a picture.

Last edited:
new update:
when checking Inject Nvidia in Clover Configurator, the computer now recognizes the graphics card but I have no access to multiple monitors and the vram is shown as zero.

screen shot attached

nvda_drv=1 is not enabled right now, when it is the screen is black

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 2.55.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-05 at 2.55.58 PM.png
    454.2 KB · Views: 167
new update:
when checking Inject Nvidia in Clover Configurator, the computer now recognizes the graphics card but I have no access to multiple monitors and the vram is shown as zero.

screen shot attached

nvda_drv=1 is not enabled right now, when it is the screen is black

Remove Nvidia Injection, it should be false for Maxwell GPUs. Since you are using iMac15,1 for your SMBIOS see problem #4 in this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back