Contribute
Register

TP-Link TL-WN851ND 300 Mbps PCI Wi-Fi adapter with OS X El Capitan ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following works for my TP-Link TL-WN881ND PCIe x1.

Open the file /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist as sudo with a decent text editor (nano, vi, ...) and add <string>pci168c,2e</string> so it looks like

Code:
<string>pci168c,30</string>
<string>pci168c,2a</string>
<string>pci106b,0086</string>
<string>pci168c,1c</string>
<string>pci168c,23</string>
<string>pci168c,24</string>
<string>pci168c,2e</string>

You may have to rebuild caches and repair permissions before rebooting.

Tried this, so far so good!

Open the file /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist as sudo with a decent text editor (nano, vi, ...) and add <string>pci168c,2e</string> so it looks like

Code:

Yes that's exactly right ! For me it's pci168c,2d not pci168c,2e

Hm , i still haven't figured out how to enable it.. I followed the advice and tried both pci168c,2e/d but the only benefit i can see is that the wifi bar appears with a "X" instead of not being there at all. What does the letter d or e correspond to so i know if i have to try something else?
Thanks in advance!!

Code:

I did exactly what you did up there, but it does not work for me, I have the same wifi card as you, but it just doesn't work. I move the IO80211Family.kext to the desktop{Because the system only warn me to duplicate the file and only the duplicate one will be kept.}, and then I added one line in the info.plist, then opened "kw" to install the IO80211Family.kext to the extension folder, then rebuild caches and repair permissions, then reboot. Did I do something wrong? Really appreciate your help.

Hi, any idea why DPCIManager is impossible to download (listed as malware)

Hm , i still haven't figured out how to enable it.. I followed the advice and tried both pci168c,2e/d but the only benefit i can see is that the wifi bar appears with a "X" instead of not being there at all. What does the letter d or e correspond to so i know if i have to try something else?
Thanks in advance!!

I did exactly what you did up there, but it does not work for me, I have the same wifi card as you, but it just doesn't work. I move the IO80211Family.kext to the desktop{Because the system only warn me to duplicate the file and only the duplicate one will be kept.}, and then I added one line in the info.plist, then opened "kw" to install the IO80211Family.kext to the extension folder, then rebuild caches and repair permissions, then reboot. Did I do something wrong? Really appreciate your help.

Hi guys,
I think we have the same problem. I also try this way by adding a new line "...168c,2e..." but it doesn't work. The wifi indicator appears but I can not connect to anything and It always shows "Looking for a network"
If you found the solution for this, can you share with me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back