Motherboard
Lenovo U430 Touch (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core i5-4200U/Haswell-ULT
Graphics
Intel HD 4400 integrated/1600X900
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
First of all, I am a newbie to the forum, and to “hackintoshing.” Thank you to tonymac & all of the enthusiasts that have put so much time and energy into building a cohesive hackintoshing community. Without the guides and forums on this website, I could not have built my first hackintosh!

My first build has gone fairly smoothly, but I am unable to get Bluetooth to work. Wi-fi works fine, but Bluetooth does not...

The specs on my system are:
· Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi
· Core i5-4590 3.3Ghz / 4 Cores / 4 Threads, Turbo / 6MB L3 Cache / 84W Max TDP
· Thermaltake Slim X3 Low Profile (Air)
· Samsung 840 EVO SSD (250 GB)
· Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
· Apex MI-008 (w/ 250W Power Supply)
· TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter

Used Unibeast w/ OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 for installation, and Multibeast 7.1.1, with the following settings:
· Quick Start > DSDT Free
· Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892
· Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
· Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.x TRIM Patch
· Drivers > Misc > EvOreboot
· Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328
· Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328 Plugins
· Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328 HWMonitor Application
· Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
· Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
· Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode – Desktop
· Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
· Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
· Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
· Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

BIOS settings
· Optimized defaults
· X.M.P. Memory Profile set to “Profile1”
· VT-d disabled
· OS type set to “Other OS”

I have run Onyx utilities on my system, with default settings. I am hoping this has not done something to mess up the settings for audio & Bluetooth.

First of all, I am a newbie to the forum, and to “hackintoshing.” Thank you to tonymac & all of the enthusiasts that have put so much time and energy into building a cohesive hackintoshing community. Without the guides and forums on this website, I could not have built my first hackintosh!

My first build has gone fairly smoothly, but I am unable to get Bluetooth to work. Wi-fi works fine, but Bluetooth does not...

The specs on my system are:
· Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi
· Core i5-4590 3.3Ghz / 4 Cores / 4 Threads, Turbo / 6MB L3 Cache / 84W Max TDP
· Thermaltake Slim X3 Low Profile (Air)
· Samsung 840 EVO SSD (250 GB)
· Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
· Apex MI-008 (w/ 250W Power Supply)
· TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter

Used Unibeast w/ OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 for installation, and Multibeast 7.1.1, with the following settings:
· Quick Start > DSDT Free
· Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892
· Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
· Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.x TRIM Patch
· Drivers > Misc > EvOreboot
· Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328
· Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328 Plugins
· Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328 HWMonitor Application
· Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.1
· Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
· Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode – Desktop
· Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
· Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
· Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
· Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

BIOS settings
· Optimized defaults
· X.M.P. Memory Profile set to “Profile1”
· VT-d disabled
· OS type set to “Other OS”

I have run Onyx utilities on my system, with default settings. I am hoping this has not done something to mess up the settings for audio & Bluetooth.

The TP-Link TL-WDN4800 is a Wifi-only card; it doesn't have Bluetooth.

I finally removed the Gigabyte WiFi/BT 4 combo card from my H97N motherboard as the WiFi was not compatible with OS X and the BT was not reliable.

I did installed the iMac WiFi/BT 4 combo card and miniPCIe adapter card (see my signature block for link for more information), and WiFi and BT work just like a iMac/Mac Pro/MacBook. Sleep and wake-up work much better.

Be advised that the iMac WiFi/BT 4 combo card and miniPCIe adapter card do stick up higher than the Gigabyte card. So, if you're using a third party processor cooler, check the dimensions before replacing the Gigabyte card.

BTW, I'm successfully using the TP-Link TL-WDN4800 wireless card in several of my other systems. I'm currently using a GYMLE BT4 USB dongle with those systems which are connected to an IOGear KVM switch sharing the GYMLE.

Thank you! Now I'm not beating my head against the wall trying to solve my BT problem.

I'm a little bit embarrassed that I didn't realize the TP-Link TL-WDN4800 is not BT capable. I guess I can chalk it up to being a "newbie." I think I may be ambitious enough to pursue adapting an Apple NIC for my Hackintosh...I had planned on pursuing it eventually.

By the way, the detail in your guide to adapting the iMac WiFi/BT is very helpful. I will definitely be referring to this when I embark upon this endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back