Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H (F7)
CPU
i7-4790S
Graphics
HD 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Thanks Robbish. I also noticed that Toleda has produced a new script: https://github.com/toleda/audio_cloverALC which looks like it does everything to set up audio in one go. The script was only a few hours old on the site so I thought I'd wait for people more expert than me to try before I try it. Maybe you have tried it?

thanks for the heads up theoretician and great news for everyone that uses Clover

I have tried and tested Toleda's new script(v2) on my Z77-DS3H and it works as advertised - it's fully automated !

Select the Download ZIP on the right hand side of Toleda's Github page and ignore the other links shown in the instructions for now unless of course, you have a specific need for them (Toleda's instructions covers ALL bases)

Place the unzipped audio_CloverALC-master folder on the desktop

Before running the Patch, you'll need;

• Realtek ALCxxx onboard audio
  • OS X 10.8.x or later
  • native (unedited) AppleHDA.kext - if you don't have that then just run the OS X Combo Updater from Apple to get it back
  • a working DSDT for those that want HDMI audio
  • a mounted EFI partition
  • Clover Configurator (optional but useful as it can mount EFI and display your patches applied to config.plist)
Open the audio_CloverALC-master folder and double click the audio_cloverALC-90_v2.0.command utility file and then enter your password

answer the few y / n questions to verify your codec and then the command utility will execute the audio patching, fix permissions and rebuilds caches.

It only takes seconds and when successful, you'll notice the following affects;

• EFI/CLOVER/ contains your newly edited config.plist and preserves your original as a config-backup.plist
  • EFI/CLOVER/kext/10.x contains a new kext called realtekALC.kext (AppleHDA.kext remains in S/L/E as intended)
  • Clover Configurator/Kernel and Kext Patches/ will have two new AppleHDA related entries in there corresponding to your audio edits within your newly edited config.plist (note: you have to import your config.plist(s) to view them in Clover Configurator)
Reboot OS X and you should have audio

Now the next time a OS X version update comes around, your audio should not break after the install.

BTW to find your Audio ID in OSX, go to Utilities > System Information > Hardware > Audio > Intel High Definition Audio

Props again to Toleda for this time saving command tool. I wonder if it could be incorporated into Clover Configurator or maybe Toleda could turn it into a new TMx86 tool e.g, "CloverBeast" with on the fly TRIM patching? ;)

Credits; Toleda and abxite

I would say easier, followed your instructions to the letter, didn't work so left it and installed the cm6206, rebooted a few times with that after applying the enabler changed a setting wrong with clover so usb boot, fixed that, reboot again, played some game which crashed when i tried to quit it rebooted it NOW it works.

To those who are running into "multiple boots" to get a patch working, sometimes you just need to rebuild the cache.
Per Clover's WIKI (http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches):

Side note: The patch is supposed to be done in the cache. If you patch an Info.plist to allow the loading of a kext, then it is not yet present in the cache. You will need to reboot twice. First with the key NoCaches to allow FSInject to load the kext and a second time for the cache to be patched successfully.

To those who are running into "multiple boots" to get a patch working, sometimes you just need to rebuild the cache.
Per Clover's WIKI (http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/KernelAndKextPatches):

Thanks Bob_the_Tomato,

This is an old post so I'm using the latest Toleda audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0f for both El Capital and Mavericks now.

The audio_cloverALC script works great but i kept losing audio in El Capitan whenever i switched between SSDs in the Clover menu (Mavs - Win10 - El Capitan) so re-running the script got my audio back.

After the problem re-occured, i remembered your comments above so i solved it like this;

• Mount your EFI and navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
  • Launch Clover Configurator or your preferred Plist/Text editor
  • Change SIP in Rt Variables to CsrActiveConfig = 0x3
  • Save and Reboot
  • Rebuild Cache using the Terminal (credit RehabMan)
  • Launch the Terminal and run ;
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

• When done, reboot El Capitan and your audio should be back.
Now when you switch between drives in the Clover menu, your audio should remain intact :thumbup:

It appears to be holding up at the moment but will report back if any probs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back