Contribute
Register

Testing Thread: GeForce GTX 660

Status
Not open for further replies.
by the way....wake-up from sleep seems to be broken now.

Is that on 10.8.1? And does anyone know how long it generally takes nvidia to release the new drivers?

I also want to use the 660 for a built... but because i'm quite new to the hackintosh topic i am wondering: where do the drivers come from? Nvidia doesnt provide any right? So the whole multibeast thing is used for installing drivers and little tweaks... but there is no mac with nvidia Gtx6xx out there. So what am i actually waiting for? Someone writing a custom driver for OS X?

Ps: This seems like the ultimate hackintosh community, cant wait to share my experience building one with you guys.

Yes, im running 10.8.1

I noticed you have the z77-ds3h mobo. Was sleep working before? Is your graphics card inserted in the top PCI express slot? If so have you tried the bottom? Caus for me the top didn't work and I lost the display output, but then I swapped the slot it worked. Probably a specific issue with mine but I thought it might be worth asking.

I also want to use the 660 for a built... but because i'm quite new to the hackintosh topic i am wondering: where do the drivers come from? Nvidia doesnt provide any right? So the whole multibeast thing is used for installing drivers and little tweaks... but there is no mac with nvidia Gtx6xx out there. So what am i actually waiting for? Someone writing a custom driver for OS X?

Take a look at first post in this thread.

For gtx 660 you would need to use NVIDIA drivers from here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.00f20-driver.html

They support only 10.8.1

For other video cards, drivers are built-into mac os. For some cards eg. gtx 670 post installation patches are required. These are installed using Multibeast.

@pbryanw
Thank you for letting us know, so MSI gtx 660 most likely will be the card for my first hackintosh.

http://www.evga.com/articles/00700/#2662

Do you think the EVGA GTX 660 will work as well?

Is there really a lot of diferences with the older GTX670 other than the 165€ discount?

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Superclocked > [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]EVGA GeForce GTX 670 >[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] [/FONT]EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

GPU speed : 1046 > 915 > 915
Pixel pipelines : 960 > 1344 > 1344
Shader clock: 1111Mhz > 980Mhz > 980Mhz
Memory bandwidth: 114,19 > 192,26 >114,19

It's look like quite similar No?

Is there really like I've heard some troubles with TI GFX ?

Thanks for your help.

I can imagine if Tonymacx86 is using it we're gonna found an issue for trouble compatibility with ML soon?
As I'm a newbie I haven't been exploring too deep inside about how to make it work...
Just read some comments about peoples complaining with troubles.

By the way from what I can understand with my poor english it's seem's to work.

No problem with dual screen?
Is there displayport connection working?

OK thanks sorry for asking again almost the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back