Contribute
Register

Temporary Installation Guide for Haswell Systems [10.8.4 only]

Status
Not open for further replies.
iCloud, FaceTime and all other Apple services but the stores won't work with a custom kernel, such as MacMan's patched kernel. You have to wait for vanilla support for Haswell to use these services on your computers.

All the best!

I've tried this with a Gryphon z87, i7-4770k, and 16gb of RAM and am stuck after installing multibeast. Everything runs fine using the unibeast USB (including ethernet & graphics) prior to the multibeast installation. Afterward & with the USB, ethernet no longer works and graphicsenabler=no is required. Afterward & without the USB, no bootable drive is found.

I've tried installing multibeast with just the bare minimum per-instructions and with additional seemingly-relevant drivers

Any idea on what's happening here? Why is the MB not finding a bootable drive? I've played with the boot settings a little (Secure boot is set to OS Type=Other OS, and CSM is enabled). This is my first board with a UEFI bios. Are there some important bios settings I'm missing?

I also have a separate SSD with Ubuntu installed, but it isn't in the boot-priority list.

Reporting my experience:

Installed with MultiBeast: UserDSDT + NullCPUPowerManagement + graphicsenabler= no (thanks to tonymacx86)
Fixed the boot0: error with this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html (thanks to MacMan for the guide and to sqishy for showing me the way)

Now almost everything works including app store, sleep and wake.
Not working: iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, audio, ethernet, and USB 3.0.

My system:
Gigabyte H87M-HD3
Intel Xeon E3-1245 v3
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 650Ti
1TB Toshiba SATA 3 hard drive
Apple Airport card on a Mini PCI-E to PCI-E adapter
IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

Attachments

• Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 210
Hi !

the installation stuck on apple logo, i have an Asus H87m-e. Can you tell me what i must change in the BIOS with this MB.

I try -x, but stuck too. With -v, it stucks at com.apple.applefscompressiontypezlib...

Hi !

the installation stuck on apple logo, i have an Asus H87m-e. Can you tell me what i must change in the BIOS with this MB.

I try -x, but stuck too. With -v, it stucks at com.apple.applefscompressiontypezlib...

Did you remove the USB, is so put it back. Because for some reason it doesnt work without the USB

My BIOS config: Legacy USB Support = Enable
Intel xHCI Mode = Enable
EHCI Hand-off = Enable
SATA = AHCI

Anything else ?

So my USB Led turn off and i have a "Still waiting for root device".

iCloud, FaceTime and all other Apple services but the stores won't work with a custom kernel, such as MacMan's patched kernel. You have to wait for vanilla support for Haswell to use these services on your computers.

All the best!

Hi there

After the Vanilla support is up and running, do you know if I will have a problem logging into Icloud, facetime etc, If im using the same downloaded Mountain lion image installer (bought on same apple id) on two different computers. My example is using the same image on a probook build and now my new haswell build.

Thanks
Stuart

Bookman,

I don't know if this will help but it will be worth checking. Make sure that you do not have uefi selected as your boot drive in the Bios.

In my Z77 build it has to be set to the non uefi boot drive identity, ei., P0, P1, etc.

Hope this helps. I have a ASUS Z87 Deluxe Dual and a 4770K on the shelf waiting.

I installed Voodoohda.
But remember delete applaHDA before installing voodoo

Doesn't work for me... did you use a special voodoohda ? None of those in multibeast work...

I also searched the forum but i could't find a solution. Any help is appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back