Contribute
Register

tdw's Haswell ATX: GA-Z87X-UD5H - Core i7-4770K - GTX 770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, i made my Mavericks 10.9 Unibeast and i successfuly booted into the Mavericks Installer using PCIRootUID=1. I installed Mavericks, but now i seem to be stuck at the white apple loading screen. Ive already tried loading into "GraphicsEnabler=Yes", "PCIRootUID=1", "PCIRootUID=0", and npci=0x3000" and "-x" and ive had no success, no matter what, i seem to be stuck in the white apple loading screen.
My BIOS is currently version F7, the only changes i have done is:

Under Peripherals > xHCI Mode, change it to AUTO
Under Peripherals > xHCI Hand-OFF, change it to ENABLED
Under Peripherals > EHCI Hand-OFF, Change it to Enabled
Under Peripherals > Init Display First>First option (onboard graphics)

I currently have no progress, all ive been able to do is install Maverick.

rav3l0, I didn't make any of those changes you described. Then again, I installed OS X using my GTX 770 card. I didn't disable the onboard graphics however. I'm assuming you have loaded optimized defaults? I can see that changing Init Display First to onboard graphics would make sense for your case, I don't think any of the other changes you described are necessary. From what I understand the GraphicsEnabler=Yes option would also be required in your case but again I didn't set that as I was using my GTX 770.

Hi TDW, I have the same case as you (well, black and windowless but yeah...) and I was wondering if the front/top USB 3.0 ports work? They don't with mine but I'm using a different board.

I'm also curious if all the internal SATA ports work.

dougoftheabaci, yes my top USB ports work just fine. Obviously you have to connect them up to one of the USB 3.0 headers on the motherboard. I have two USB 3.0 headers on my board, and I connected to the first one as it was the closest physically.

I am using the first 5 of my internal SATA ports and they are all working fine. I can't say I've tried all the other ports, but I don't see why they wouldn't work. I know some of the ports are using the Marvell 88SE9230 rather than the Intel chipset. I have no idea if those would work, but I do see them all showing up in OS X's System Information.

Hi TDW
Do you have sound on HDMI video card? I have a GTX 780 and is impossible (for me) to find a solution to this issue.

I don't really understand why someone would use sound from their graphics card, I certainly haven't tried it. I use USB speakers and also an external USB headphone DAC which work well. My Intel HDA audio works fine although I don't use it.

It could be your HDMI cable. Not all HDMI cables can transmit audio.

TDW, did you ever have any trouble getting the App Store to connect? It's not connecting for me, but I don't know why. I fear it might have something to do with my reusing the same SSD I used in my old Hackintosh. If I can't find a simple solution I'm probably just going to format my drive and reinstall.

Hello,
I have built a very similar machine this week end
4770k 3.5 ghz
Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H
GTX 760 MSI
Corsair PC RM Series RM750 - 80 PLUS
Fractal Design Define R4
Ram 16GB kit (8GBx2) Ballistix 240-pin DIMM DDR3-1600 1.35V Low Profile

The installation was smooth, but i 've a strange problem.
The machine shuts down when I put it into sleep, and impossible to start it up, unless I turn off/turn on the button on power supply, and then push the button on the case.
When I shut down mac os I have to do the same procedure, or nothing happens.
On the other side, the reboot works fine, so as usb, Ethernet, audio, etc...

System definitions: imac 14.2 (I tried macpro 3.1)
Bios F7, Optimized Defaults
Memory Profile (XMP) to Profile1

Maybe I missed something into the bios but what ?
Thank you for your help !

TDW, did you ever have any trouble getting the App Store to connect? It's not connecting for me, but I don't know why. I fear it might have something to do with my reusing the same SSD I used in my old Hackintosh. If I can't find a simple solution I'm probably just going to format my drive and reinstall.

I didn't have that problem, although I have a feeling it may be the same problem as iMessage not working. Have you tried using iMessage? To get it working, you have to install FileNVRAM.dylib. You want to download version 1.1.2 and copy it into /Extra/modules on the boot drive then reboot. Here's the link :

http://public.xzenue.com/downloads/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back