Contribute
Register

SUCCESS: Intel DH67GD / non-K i7 2600 / HD5850 [GUIDE ADDED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
magicvash said:
Did it work for you? Newegg has an XFX 5770 on sale for $75 that I'm looking into. Though frankly for a headless server 1024x768 is probably good enough.......

Yes the single slot XFX 5770 worked perfectly with Chimera 1.4 and the iMac 2011 Sandy Bridge drivers.
Primary DVI works, I haven't plugged a screen on the secondary DVi and MiniDisplay port but they both are recognised in System Profiler.

BUT:

- Power drain and (nearly inaudible) noise level on idle load are almost similar to HD 5850, so no real advantage here except for a free PCIe x1 port (which I actually need!)

-------------
Off topic: if you want to set up a decent headless file server I recommend an Atom solution (D410/D510, for example passively cooled on intel D410PT) running ubuntu. The components are very cheap and total system power consumption is less than 30 W.

Here's a good guide on how to set up the server: http://www.kremalicious.com/2008/06/ubuntu-as-mac-file-server-and-time-machine-volume/
I'm using this for AFP and Samba as well as iTunes home streaming. Works nicely and saves on my energy bill.

Robo2k said:
Yes the single slot XFX 5770 worked perfectly with Chimera 1.4 and the iMac 2011 Sandy Bridge drivers.

Thanks. That's encouraging. I will have to look into it.
Robo2k said:
-------------
Off topic: if you want to set up a decent headless file server I recommend an Atom solution (D410/D510, for example passively cooled on intel D410PT) running ubuntu. The components are very cheap and total system power consumption is less than 30 W.

I'm running indigo for my home automation and have tons of applescripts. Plus I don't know python at all so I can't use Misterhouse. Also, this is a plex server so im somewhat obligated to use Mac OS. I'm actually curious what my system uses at rest.

NEtapa said:
No sound 5.1

Help, please. Thanks

I have no experience with 5.1 setups, i'm using an 2.1 config on the analog out. sorry.
Do you get any sound out of your box?

I bought a nVidia Galaxy GeForce 9500GT since this guide said it was compatible. "GraphicsEnabler=Yes with DSDT (tested with dual DVI @ 1080p) | 10.6.4" specifically./

I downloaded the latest Multiboot and installed the NVidia kext (forgot to install the NVEnabler sadly) and set GraphicsEnabler=Yes in /Extras/com.apple.Boot.plist

I now get a kernel panic on boot with FakeSMC and some X3100 message. I boot into setup and remove FakeSMC.kext from the /Extras/Extensions directory and reboot. This time no kernel panic but the damn thing stops at some VMWare vmnet boot

Of interest, Snow Leopard setup seems to display in a much higher resolution (maybe even 1920x1080 - don't know how to check during setup...)

Booting off the iBoot Legacy CD causes a kernel panic with several VoodooHDA, IOPCIFamily, IOAudioFamily and OSvKernDSPLib kexts???

Perhaps I should just kill the install and start over?

Okay well I copied all the stuff from NVidia-Backup on the desktop (all those kexts) back to /System/Library/Extensions, and I can boot to a full 1080p resolution desktop (w00t!) off the iBoot Legacy disc (boo!).

I moved FakeSMC.kext back into /Extras/Extensions and voila!

A beautiful 1080p desktop without the aid of any extra boot cds and whatnot

All with GraphicsEnabler=yes.

I have absolutely no idea what I did, but all I can tell is that the only change that was really required was to change GraphicsEnabler = Yes in com.apple.Boot.plist

Regardless, it works now so I'm not going to touch it anymore :)

so sad this brilliant method doesn't apply to my intel dp67bgb3 mobo. in fact, my mobo doesn't even has a integrated gfx port.

check for UEFI boot in boot options doesn't work for my board as well, i did tried that but iboot or legacy can't boot at all, it show no boot device. weird.

but your bios setting may help. apart from changing sata raid to achi, boot option order to cdrom 1st, what else did you change?

thanks in advance bro.

Look at the posts that talk about adjusting the CPU multiplier. I had to change that to 32 and it worked fine. After installing the vanilla kernel, I went back to the multiplier of 38

magicvash said:
piripinui said:
Managed to get my i7-2600K with DH67GD plus Radeon HD 5770 going with this guide. Thanks!

Have you or anyone tried using eSATA yet? I don't have an eSATA device so I can't test it but I'm thinking about getting a Drobo S for eSATA. Just don't want to throw down $700 and not take advantage of it.

Yep, just got an esata drive - works perfectly, no mucking around.

Hi all,

What is the status of using the DH67GD motherboard with 10.6.8 or 10.7? Can we use the vanilla kernel? Do Intel HD Graphics work with QE/CI in Lion now?

Sorry if this is already mentioned in the thread. I'm new to this, and I'm having trouble following.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back