Contribute
Register

SUCCESS: Intel DH67GD / non-K i7 2600 / HD5850 [GUIDE ADDED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWSFLASH

- Chimera 1.4 Working

- Vanilla Kernel 10.7.3 installed with BridgeHelper Working

- FSB and busratio need no kernel flags anymore.

- CPU now poperly recognised as Core i7

:thumbup:

Robo2k: ¿Worked using iboot 3.03 to install?

i have an intel DH67CL, corei5 2300 and a GT430...i can't get recognised my cpu and AHCI controller!!

please help...! it work that way? --->iboot + chimera + bridge helper + nvidia drivers?

thanks in advance

Robo2k said:
NEWSFLASH

- Chimera 1.4 Working

- Vanilla Kernel 10.7.3 installed with BridgeHelper Working

- FSB and busratio need no kernel flags anymore.

- CPU now poperly recognised as Core i7

:thumbup:

Robo2k - I followed the original post instructions to the letter and *finally* have a working system that boots from the HDD in 64-bit mode (can I have your babies!??!)

My question is, though, how do you get the vanilla kernel & chimera 1.4?

Do you use the combo update, multiboot (which options & kexts?) bridgehelper & chimera? or is there another way?

magicvash said:
Robo2k - I followed the original post instructions to the letter and *finally* have a working system that boots from the HDD in 64-bit mode (can I have your babies!??!)

My question is, though, how do you get the vanilla kernel & chimera 1.4?

Do you use the combo update, multiboot (which options & kexts?) bridgehelper & chimera? or is there another way?

There is NO NEED to reinstall the whole system from scratch.

If your system boots nicely and is running stable, you just have to download the Chimera Installer from the downloads section of this site together with BridgeHelper.

First, backup your custom kernel by renaming it or copy it somewhere in your home folder.

Then you first install Chimera 1.4 and afterwards the 10.7.3 kernel with BridgeHelper.

Finally edit your com.apple.Boot.plist located in /Extra and remove "busratio=xxxx" and "fsb=xxx" flags. They are not needed anymore.

You may run a Kext Utility and repairPermissions before restarting.

It's quite easy and worked perfectlyfor my system.

If you wish to check if your system runs the correct kernel and 64-bit mode after a successful restart, type in Terminal:
Code:
uname -a

It should give you something like this:
Code:
Darwin localhost 10.7.3 Darwin Kernel Version 10.7.3: Sun Mar  6 13:37:56 PST 2011; root:xnu-1504.14.2~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
In that case the system runs the correct kernel and in 64-bit mode.

NOTES:

- PowerManagement did not work on my system, so keeping NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in /Extra/Extensions is imperative, otherwise you get kernel panic at boot.

- 32-bit mode not tested, system runs just fine in 64-bit mode

As soon as I have the time i will update the guide, hoping that the custom kernel wil not be needed anymore in the process.

This worked perfectly for me! Thanks so much for your help!

One last question: did you happen to figure out how to get the onboard video working? I've read in other forums here that some people have had some luck in doing so.

I have a radeon 5780 installed which works fine but I'd save $150 if I dont need it :D

magicvash said:
One last question: did you happen to figure out how to get the onboard video working? I've read in other forums here that some people have had some luck in doing so.

No luck on integrated gfx so far. Honestly I have given up and stopped trying a while ago, but today I will recieve a single-slot XFX 5770. If it works, it will cut down the machines power drain. I'll post result later today.

Robo2k said:
magicvash said:

No luck on integrated gfx so far. Honestly I have given up and stopped trying a while ago, but today I will recieve a single-slot XFX 5770. If it works, it will cut down the machines power drain. I'll post result later today.

I bought a Sapphire 5770 and it works just fine. Installed all ATI kexts from multi beast and it just worked.

Robo2k said:
magicvash said:

Did it work for you? Newegg has an XFX 5770 on sale for $75 that I'm looking into. Though frankly for a headless server 1024x768 is probably good enough.......

Managed to get my i7-2600K with DH67GD plus Radeon HD 5770 going with this guide. Thanks!

Pretty similar to what was laid out right at the start. But I also loaded bridgehelper and Chimera 1.4.1 to get to a more "vanilla" situation.

Strangely loading the ATI drivers from the 2011 MBP 2011 update caused me problems (ditto for the same(?) drivers from Multibeast) - got a grey screen after boot up, was ok to start in safe mode. Eventualkly I got rid of those drivers, set the resolution up high and can boot from disk ok.

Got a USB wireless connection using a Raltech device - works pretty good.

Went around the houses quite a bit with this but eventually with patience got something working.

piripinui said:
Managed to get my i7-2600K with DH67GD plus Radeon HD 5770 going with this guide. Thanks!

Have you or anyone tried using eSATA yet? I don't have an eSATA device so I can't test it but I'm thinking about getting a Drobo S for eSATA. Just don't want to throw down $700 and not take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back